BASIC PURPOSE: Coordinate with business units across the organization leveraging tactical planning practices for project execution and report on project status and issues and risks to appropriate management channels on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain project management documentation, such as project charters and plans, deployment playbooks, implementation plans, training manuals, mitigation plans, executive status reports, detailing every facet of the initiative(s).
- Collaborate with all project team members and business area resource managers to obtain continuous updates of their tasks pertaining to the project plan starting from ideation phase through delivery of production-grade solution to the deployment team to ensure readiness of projects.
- Coordinate tasks and allocate resources within IT where necessary based on project responsibilities for relevant area(s). For programs/projects that require mobile devices, work closely with PCs and MDM teams to ensure timely procurement, device requirements, coordination of configuration and distribution of devices.
- Coordinate tasks for deployment of solution to lab environment. Onboard and support training of application owners throughout project delivery lifecycle to ensure smooth transition/hand-off.
- Coordination of design requirements, development inputs, testing and deployment tasks with database, network, infrastructure, cyber security, and privacy teams as applicable. Accountable for confirmation that minimum standards as defined by these teams are met by the proposed solution.
- Establish effective communication plans by setting up meeting cadences with stakeholders to advise of project status and associated issues and risks (if any) along with cross-discipline team members to ensure timeliness in deliverables. Escalate appropriately and timely to Snr Program Manager/Program Manager and Executive leadership as required.
- Provide oversight and work alongside Business Analyst(s) to documenting business requirements, test scripts, process flows, standard operating procedures, test plans and perform system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Develop implementation playbook and testing strategy (through coordination and collaboration with business stakeholders). Coordinate handover of implementation playbook to deployment team; co-manage deployment of first release on ship #1 for shipboard initiatives.
- Develop SOPs and coordinate handoff for long-term maintenance and support of the solution.
- Accountable for overall financial management (Budget to Actual, Monthly ETC's) of initiative(s) and assembling the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Return on Investment (ROI), and Capital Planning (CPAR) effort to present proposal to business units for approval as needed.
- Ensure that outsourced vendors/consultants meet the criteria of the Statement of Work/ SLAs/ KPIs designated for the project(s).
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Various travel commitment may be required based on current demand/project scope.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of experience in a project management or related role. 5+ years of experience in an IT related role. System/application implementation experience. Experience within the cruise line industry