As Service Line Project Manager you will plan, manage, and coordinate projects and ensures project initiatives and timelines are met. You will also manage facility service improvements, marketing and service initiatives for service lines.
- Manages initiatives related to program / new site development of the Department/Division.
- Coordinates activities including growth objectives, space allocation, data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired outcomes of programs. Serves as a liaison with Administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations.
- Reviews comprehensiveness of programs and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Monitors program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to program development by building an infrastructure, identifying resources, constructing the program and establishing quality improvement processes.
- Partners with management to define project goals, objectives, target initiatives, timelines and budgets.
- Communicates with departments and project teams regarding implementation activities and system changes to ensure feasibility.
- Collaborates with corporate shared services (ie, Planning, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to develop and implement growth initiatives, as needed.
- Monitor project plan performance.
- Manages the implementation of best practices related to service excellence, patient experience and process improvement.
- Develops and implements marketing related projects.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project staff.
- Oversees scheduling (vacation, holidays) and ensures adequate coverage at all times. Performs related personnel functions.
- QualificationsBachelor’s Degree in health or business related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in service line operations or in a hospital/faculty setting, required.
- Working knowledge of applications (ie. Excel, Access, Power Point), required.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills, required