Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Full Life Cycle Development of software and/or electronics hardware product development projects.
- Oversee all phases of project activity, including estimation, initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.
- Provide leadership regarding design and direction of projects and provide guidance to engineering team.
- Work closely with external clients, and communicate at all levels.
- Responsible for managing project team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and effectively.
- Utilization of various systems development life-cycle methods, tools and processes and an understanding of system architecture concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong computer skills including MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage development of engineered products that include software and hardware integration preferred.
- Understanding of electronics manufacturing principles is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of SEI CMM (level 3 or higher) best practices is preferred.
- BS Degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Project Management is preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Three or more years managing product development projects.
- Three or more years managing teams of software developers and/or electrical engineers.