8 - 10 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Our Company is seeking a Project Manager, experienced in commercial construction in excess of $5-12M, and direct projects in the Greater Middle-TN area. Qualified candidates will possess 8+ years’ experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field and commercial construction experience.
About Our Company:
Our company serves commercial and light industrial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted development projects. We have over a decade of history in delivering excellence to our clients and community. Our roots are based in retail and commercial construction with light-industrial and office complex construction. The company is roughly $20+M annually in volume and has a complement of 30+ employees based in Middle Tn.
We know our people make the company run successfully, so we try to take care of our family as well. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
We want to talk to you about what makes us special and allows us to retain long-term employees year after year. Give us the opportunity to talk to you and learn about what your goals are in the construction industry and how we may possibly work together.
Some Benefits We Offer:
- 401k + company match of 4%
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Bonus program
- Company Car or Auto Allowance
- Paid Holidays and attractive vacation Paid-Time-Off
What You Will Do:
The Project Manager will coordinate the entire construction process from Precon to Team Selection through final project completion. The PM works with the estimator’s and is responsible for the financial success of the project from beginning to completion. The PM is the primary point of contact for the owner during this time period as well as post construction and is responsible for client satisfaction.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the construction process to effectively prevent and/or manage risk and problem resolutions through successful delivery of client product. This includes the planning and sub-selection, contracts design/approval, managing subcontractors and production, contract negotiations, client expectations, dispute resolution, material procurement and schedule production.
Some management may be required of other PMs and Assistant PMs within certain complex projects. Continued client growth and new-business development experience preferred.
Other Important Skills and Experience:
- Ultimately responsible for project success measured by client satisfaction, budget maintenance, profitability, and schedule adherence.
- Must have a proven track-record for successful project delivery, and client satisfaction, for commercial projects over 8+ years.
- Competent to manage all aspects of a construction project on a stand-alone basis with only additional support from upper management on an infrequent basis.
- Expected to have enough experience and depth of knowledge in managing construction projects that he/she is able to be the driving force behind providing solutions to problems that are presented and capable of unifying key team members to advance the solution.
- Have an understanding of the language and inherent risk in standard owner and sub contracts and how to implement these contract documents in the best interests of the company with some oversight from upper management.
- Competent and proficient in writing scopes of work into subcontract exhibits.
- Ability to competently create a CPM schedule and modify it according to the needs of the project.
- Understands the fundamentals of scheduling to provide guidance to project staff.
- Responsible for creating an accurate Financial Risk Analysis for the project.
- Able to partner with the project Superintendent and lead the project as necessary in an effort to maintain project schedule.
- Understand how to diagnose and manage risk on projects.
- Able to drive the project schedule with all of the players involved including team members, Subcontractors, Owners, Owner Representatives and designers while still maintaining the strong relationships required for a unified team approach.
- Ability to manage Project Closeout including holding initial meetings with owners regarding the closeout process and then managing the project team to ensure a timely Closeout.
- Must have current driver's license valid the past 12 consecutive months and an acceptable motor vehicle record ( no DUI's in the past 36 months ).
- Background checks are a required part of our hiring process.
Necessary Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of industry Project Management experience in Commercial Construction.