Manage project deliverables:
- Ensure that project activities and work products are in compliance with company development policies, procedures and standards. Prepare work plans for product deliverables, manage human and fiscal resources, effectively negotiate timelines, scope and cost constraints with project sponsors to attain project goals, oversee completion of tasks.
- Understand and facilitate complex process and system changes that are required for project completion.
- Identify, capture, and monitor key project metrics that are appropriate for the chosen project path. Proactively utilize development measurement systems and metrics to manage attainment of project sponsor’s expectations and deliverables. Present revised plans and actions consistent with meeting these expectations founded in measurable facts and indices.
- Engage with cross-functional business units to ensure the appropriate level of skills and staffing for the project (i.e., ensuring that the project team members have appropriate skills to complete the designated tasks). Revise the project timeline and cost estimates whenever a discrepancy between required and available skillsetis noted.
- Ensure that an appropriate project quality plan is created and manage to that plan.
- Ensure an appropriate level of system, operational and decision documentation is created as defined by the applicable process model.
Accountable for risk and issue management:
- Accountable for project risk management. Assess risks to project and take corrective action as needed to mitigate risks and implement contingency plans for triggered risk events.
- Accountable for issue management.
- Establish, grow, and maintain professional business relationships with internal sponsors and project stakeholders, other support teams within the company, and external product and service vendors.
Communication & Documentation:
- Lead project communication (e.g., written, verbal, social media, etc.) to appropriately engage and inform project sponsors and stakeholders on project performance and progress.
Post project reviews:
- Participate in and where appropriate, facilitate post project/phase reviews to cultivate a “learning organization” in accordance with the relevant process model.
- Perform role of product development as needed for certain projects. Will vary based on project load and priorities.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 5+ years continuous and progressive experience in marketing, finance, technical, product development, product management, or project management.
- 2+ years practical experience in a project leader or project manager role with direct project accountability.
- Ability to rapidly and thoroughly assess, understand and assimilate key business objectives of the business unit and project sponsor.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for a project and commitment to meeting milestones, timelines and budgets. This includes managing the project scope. Able to take corrective action as needed to mitigate risks and implement contingency plans for triggered risk events. This includes escalating matters as needed in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and control multiple tasks and projects. Attention to detail and ability to resource, organize and deploy an effective team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: team building, conflict resolution and motivation. Ability to foster a spirit of team play. Solid project leadership skills including an ability to accomplish objectives by working cooperatively with other resources who have daily responsibilities and for whom you have no direct control.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as evidenced by ability to deliver effective messages at all levels including development and delivery of presentations to senior leadership.
- Understanding of the gated product development process within MSCO and other TDS departments.
- Understanding of process for vendor solicitation, evaluation and selection including legal and finance review requirements.
- Working knowledge of appropriate project management tools and systems required, which may include: Clarity, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.