General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position is responsible for planning, managing and coordinating avionics systems development, and fielding on the MQ-25 project. The manager serves as a liaison between program management and the project team, planning, engineering, line management, production, and the customer. Continually reviews status of project(s) and budgets to ensure project(s) are completed on time and within budget. Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet requirements, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. May accomplish tasks through subordinate staff and/or management. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer. Responsible for decisions which have an impact on outcomes and where failure to complete assignments will typically result in serious delays and expenditure of additional resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals. Understand and work with EVMS.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Coordinate and guide the integration of subcontractor and company avionics systems development teams to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures that impact project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet engineering, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- May participate in, lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Competence in Microsoft Office, to include MS Project
- Familiarity with Naval Air System Command acquisition
- Experience managing engineering development projects
- Familiarity with aircraft avionics systems
Job ID#: 17998BR