The Project Manager is accountable to successfully execute the project, as a lead (or intercompany entity) on time, on budget, in scope in accordance with Wabtec Policies, looking for profitability improvement, ensuring quality of execution and Customer satisfaction.
He/she reports to the Site Project Director and delivers the project with the direct support of the project team and the Project Management Office, if applicable, as per organisation.
He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be responsible for his/her specific projects as assigned.
- Review the scope of the project in collaboration with the Sales Team.
- In line with Wabtec Processes, create a detailed Project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project (e.g. P ).
- Directly manage the assigned project core team and the sister company, where applicable, to ensure the project meets deliverables & achieves expected benefits.
- Ensure compliance of resources with project plan and escalate, as per any to Site Project Director.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities.
- Determine the objectives and measures (KPI’s) upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Manage the Contract and lead Relations with the Customer (external and/or internal).
- Facilitate Project Core Team interactions and manage project Key Execution processes.
- Working closely with other stakeholders and sub project teams to ensure proper interfacing and alignment in the overall project plan.
- Lead and contribute to Project Reviews internally and with the Customer.
- Based on Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), manage the cost to complete and cost to control.
- Contribute to Cash Flow and Operating Working Capital, monitor Cash-In projections including Overdues. Report the actual and any variances to the Project Director on a regular basis (monthly)
- Identify, manage and control Project Risk & Opportunity and Contract Margin Improvement Plan, proposing Mitigation actions and Capture plan.
- Responsible for Claims Management and
- Providing status update to the key stakeholders via regular meetings and reports
- Obtain Customer sign-off on completed deliverables and formal Customer acceptance of project completion.
- Initiating, recording, managing and resolving project issues and escalating when needed to the Project Director and Senior Management, as requested.
Responsible for final documentation gathering and storage/archiving in project documentation system
Education: Engineering/Business Degree and/or similar in experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of Project Management Experience in a
manufacturing environment. Experience working in a rail industry is preferred.