The Project Manager is accountable to successfully execute the project, as a lead (or intercompany entity) on time, on budget, in scope in accordance with Wabtec Policies, looking for profitability improvement, ensuring quality of execution and Customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager reports to the Site Project Director and delivers the project with the direct support of the project team and the Project Management Office, if applicable, as per organisation. Works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be responsible for his/her specific projects as assigned.
- Review the scope of the project in collaboration with the Sales Team.
- In line with Wabtec Processes, create a detailed Project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project (e.g. MSP).
- Directly manage the assigned project core team and the sister company, where applicable, to ensure the project meets deliverables & achieves expected benefits.
- Review the performance weekly and conduct regular team meetings.
- Ensure compliance of resources with project execution plan and escalate, as per any issues to Site Project Director.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities.
- Determine the objectives and measures (KPI’s) upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Manage the Contract and lead Relations with the Customer (external and/or internal).
- Facilitate Project Core Team interactions and manage project Key Execution processes.
- Working closely with other stakeholders and sub project teams to ensure proper interfacing and alignment in the overall project plan.
- Lead and contribute to Project Reviews internally and with the Customer.
- Monitor cost with the support of Project Controller to ensure the execution of the project within the approved budget and profitability Forecast.
- Based on Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), manage the cost to complete and cost to control.
- Contribute to Cash Flow and Operating Working Capital, monitor Cash-In projections including Overdues. Report the actual and any variances to the Project Director on a regular basis (monthly)
- Identify, manage and control Project Risk & Opportunity and Contract Margin Improvement Plan, proposing Mitigation actions and Capture plan.
- Responsible for Claims Management and resolving of internal and external issues.
- Providing status update to the key stakeholders via regular meetings and reports
- Obtain Customer sign-off on completed deliverables and formal Customer acceptance of project completion.
- Initiating, recording, managing and resolving project issues and escalating when needed to the Project Director and Senior Management, as requested.
- Responsible for final documentation gathering and storage/archiving in project documentation system
Education: Engineering/Business Degree and/or similar in experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of Project Management Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience working in a rail industry is preferred.
- Capacity to motivate and inspire Project Core Team to trust and empower others.
- Establish clear and challenging objectives for the project core team and encourage them Drive the project for excellence of execution.
- Promote team work, commitment, cooperation and delegation.
- Work constructively under pressure in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead problem-solving across the projects and make timely decisions based on facts, circumstances, and needs.
- Lead by example, manage and resolve conflict
- Capacity to understand Customer’s needs and their business context.
- Strong communication skills to create a stable working environment across the project core team and others stakeholders.
- Ability to produce clear status reports and project information. Ability to communicate with appropriate styles and tools (e.g. PPR, PMT, Gate Review…)
- Manage project Financials (Sales, Contract Margin, Cash, Cost, Warranty...) and the ability to identify the impact.
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate with Customer and find Commercial Variation Orders.
- Expert in planning and organization skills.
- Strong Quality mindset to ensure Customer Satisfaction.