The Office of Strategy Management (OSM) is responsible for the overall strategic plan of Pulte Financial Services including Pulte Mortgage, PGP Title, and PCIC Insurance Company. As Project Manager in the OSM you will manage strategic projects by bringing clarity to a business challenge, building consensus on how to meet that challenge, and driving the delivery of a solution.This includes hands-on research, analysis, and design activities in to support the wide variety of projects we are responsible for delivering.
In this specific role, your efforts will be focused on a key strategic initiative: supporting projects to replace and automate our core mortgage origination platform, as we transition in phases from a vendor-provided system to one that is built in-house and is tightly integrated with our other applications. Understanding technology projects is invaluable to this role, as is your ability to manage multiple, complex, inter-related projects. But your involvement will be heavily weighted to interaction with users (i.e. understanding needs, gathering feedback, implementation planning) and related stakeholders (i.e. product management, process engineering, legal and regulatory, training) in an agile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist senior management with clarifying the business challenge/objective and setting scope of project.
- Develop business cases and benefits measurements. May perform key data analysis functions or partner with data analysis resources.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Define project approach and deliverables to most efficiently and effectively meet project objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Lead project team through solution design deliverables including business process design, vendor selection, organization design, or business capability design. May be responsible for completing deliverables or providing oversight to other resources.
- Responsible for change management, communication planning, and implementation planning activities.
- Manage activities and resources for strategic projects across multiple departments and suppliers.
- Manage project stakeholders and company-wide communication.
- Report progress to project sponsor and other executives.
- Develop and integrate quality processes and methodology to enhance quality and consistency of project delivery.
Background and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things quickly, develop subject matter expertise, and adapt to a variety of project scenarios.
- 4+ years of experience in a project environment especially in the areas of process reengineering/improvement, business performance measurement, strategy development, technology or management consulting.
- 2 years experience in managing projects with full responsibility of all project management aspects including business case development, communication and stakeholder management, resource management, requirements, design, change management, and implementation.
- Deep written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to structure messaging for a wide range of stakeholders. High proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Data analysis skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Background in residential mortgage lending is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. High achievement in a challenging degree such as engineering, economics, mathematics, or MBA is preferred.
- PMP certification or equivalent understanding of project management principles and theories is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred, but not required.
All employees must be committed to fair and nondiscriminatory lending, in conformity with the Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Housing acts, and to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies. Employees must act responsibly in their efforts to provide financial services to Pulte customers and to provide support to Pulte’s core purposes.