We are looking for Project Manager – MMIS for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Project Manager – MMIS
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This project is focused on the replacement of the State’s Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- The project is a major undertaking for client and requires major transformation of culture, processes and technology.
- This project also supports the Department’s transition from primarily a fee-for-service payor of claims towards a program and policy driver for health outcomes primarily through managed care programs.
- The Replacement MMIS project is a multi-year effort to replace the client’s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
- The operational principles of the project are:
- Strategically support the State’s move towards a managed care-centric Medicaid program
- Maintain flexibility, reduce time and cost of implementations
- Use a modular, componentized approach that incorporates current technology
- Focus on configurable “plug and play” Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) integrations
- Deliver components incrementally
- Purchase only necessary services
- Web-based services
- Standard transactions
- As such, a key strategy of the project is to remove Medicaid-specific requirements in order to allow for easier customization, increased vendor competition, and reduced cost. Client intends to retain control over policy, business rules, and reference data.
- Client retains control over an Operational Data Store (ODS) and all EDI components.
- The major sub-project components of the Replacement MMIS Program are:
- Pharmacy ASO
- Third Party Liability
- Dental ASO
- Accounting and Finance
- Care Call
- Commercial Administrative Services Organization (ASO) for FFS Claims
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- The Replacement MMIS Program Commercial Integration Project Manager will work with the Project Director and the Lead Project Manager and will support the Project Management team to ensure the commercial principles, business goals and values of the project are met.
- Perform business process analysis, performance assessments, project management risk and assessments for the assigned projects
- Train and mentor team members in delivering high quality solutions that meet the overall strategy and vision
- Build positive relationships with clients and proactively address specific needs
- Ensure project deliverables for each project connect to the operational principles
- Coordinate priorities and resources between multiple projects.
- Evaluate sub-project plans and status reports.
- Provide updates on customer and corporate issues participating in scheduled operational meetings as in routine with team leads
- Coordinate and attend all cross-functional meetings of personnel related to the project this includes, state, contractor and vendor meetings.
- Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
- Provide recommendations of appropriate resources if necessary to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Create and maintain key performance indicators to indicate project progress toward commercial integration goals.
- Required Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance):
- At least ten years of experience in commercial healthcare.
- Experience with managing the implementation of major (multi-million dollar) projects.
- Familiarity with Medicaid Information TechnologyArchitecture (MITA) business architecture principles.
- Knowledge of Federal Certification requirements and processes is preferable.
- Interest, skill and ability to innovate including business processes, methods/procedures, and technology.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate, in both oral and written, with all levels of the Agency from frontline workers to Executive Staff as well as the Contractor(s).
- Impeccable integrity.
- This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds.
- Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
Preferred Skills (Rank In Order Of Importance)
- Large business and technology integration
- Commercial healthcare IT
- Commercial integrations with Medicaid or other Government operations
- Project management
- BachelorDegree, preferred
- PMP Certification, preferred