Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical teams to deliver spacecraft to launch and orbit on time
- Oversee performance of team members and subcontractors. Provide guidance.
- Ensure integration of bus and payload occurs seamlessly
- Develop Statements of Work and task plans
- Create work breakdown structures
- Evaluate subcontractors and vendors
- Conduct trade studies
- Oversee Development of Mission ConOps
- Develop Risk Management Baselines
- Develop Integrated Master Schedule System Baseline
- Maintain overall financial performance of the program
- Monitor and control program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
- Ensure profitability
- Strong emphasis on Scope Control and Change Management
- Update program financials
- Financial acumen
- MS Project experience
- Earned Value understanding
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Ability to analyze & summarize information
- Project Management experience of complex systems
- Experience with DoD Space systems
- Candidate must be highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to lead a team with multiple skills sets and team members
- Ability to multi-task
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum 12 years of program management experience, within a commercial aerospace environment required. 20 years overall Aerospace experience.