We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Manage the overall coordination, status reporting, financials, schedule and stability of project oriented work efforts, ensures that project goals, benefits and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope and resource requirements.
- Manage scope, schedule and budget for small to medium projects with assistance, and supportsothers on large projects.
- Defines tasks and creates project schedules, team work plans, project financials and other project documentation with assistance.
- Identifies issues and risks affecting work progress and recommends solutions with assistance.
- Communicates key project details effectively by adapting communications to team members to clarify project status and their role in upcoming activities.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis of actions/initiatives with assistance.
- Operates under general supervision.
- Build relationships and interact effectively with co-workers and leadership supporting the assigned project(s).
- Direct the activities of vendors/consultants as required for implementations.
- Applies diversified knowledge of principles, practices and standards to assignments. Educates and promotes the development and use of fundamental project management processes and methodologies.
- Supports the promotion of project management initiatives.
- Assists in the formulation, administration and coordination of project management best practices and policies.
- Produces policies, procedures, and tips for more efficient use of the project office tools.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: One to three year’s experience with Project Management or related function (planning, scheduling, project coordination, earned value analysis).
- Other skills & knowledge:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Earned Value Management experience
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced analytical skills to resolve simple to complex technical and procedural problems.
- Superior organizational and people management skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills (to large groups).
- Strong communication skills, especially in making technical subjects understandable to non-technical people.
- Ability to articulate both high level and detailed aspects of a situation or project. 9. Ability to travel10-30% of the time.
- Advanced degreepreferred.
- PMI Certification preferred.
- Prefer Program Management experience in IT, Healthcare, construction and large systems.
- Prefer Project Portfolio Management experience
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. ModernHealthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.