Southland Industries is an MEP building systems firm that provides innovative, yet practical engineering, construction, service, building automation, and energy solutions. For over 65+ years, we have been optimizing each stage of the building lifecycle with our in-house expertise and improving how buildings are designed, built, and maintained. We are currently a 800+ million dollar company with ambitious growth plans.
If you love managing large, complex construction projects, mentoring others and are passionate about safety, Southland has an opportunity for you as a Senior Project manager.
What you'll do:
- Provide oversight to a single large project or multiple projects being managed by a Senior Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Develop and nurture customer relationships beyond a single project – at Southland, we value customers for life.
- Mentor Project Engineers and Project Managers to be prepare them for the next step in their profession in keeping with our core value "People."
What you'll need to be successful:
- You must have experience managing mechanical construction projects – after all, that's what we do!
- Be accountable and take initiative on your projects. Accountability is one of Southland's highest values.
- Be able to creatively solve problems. You've been in the trenches before. You know what it takes to get the job done and done right for your customer and your company.
- Strong knowledge of building HVAC mechanical, process piping, and plumbing systems, including design, construction, and operation of these systems.
- Fanatical about planning, innovating, and improving the processes we use every day.
- Ability to think outside the box and lead the team in driving innovative construction techniques and prefabrication strategies.
- Strong leadership skills, business acumen, financial understanding, and integrity.
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve mutual outcomes. We're counting on you to bring a collaborative spirit to our work process.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and/or projects larger than $15 million.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, 7-10+ years experience in related field.
- Experience with Design/Build and IPD project experience is considered a plus
- Familiarity and/or experience with Lean Construction tools considered a plus
- Experience with COINS is a plus
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want the fast pace and excitement of a growing company, we want you now. Southland Industries is a people centric company that strives to support career growth and a work life balance. We want you to feel excited about getting up in the morning and coming to work. In return, we'll make sure to provide a fun, supportive and collaborative environment for you to thrive in.
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instragram to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses