Project Manager / Mechanical Engineer - Mfg Plant Capital Projects
5 - 7 years experience • Metals & Mining
LOCATION United States. Office at home. No relocationrequired. 75%+ travel
INDUSTRY Aluminum Industry
Plan and execute capital improvement projects for expansion and/or upgrade of aluminum extrusion and rolling mill facilities. Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates and schedule. This is a “hands-on” responsibility as opposed to people management.
- Prepare project approval authorizations
- Develop specifications.
- Charter, lead and facilitate cross functional project teams.
- Manage project resources, budgets and schedules.
- Administer engineering and design contracts.
- Coordinate and manage installations, outages, and equipment start-ups.
- Prepare and organize project documentation.
- Coordinate operator and maintenance training.
- Track, report and manage final project performance, schedule and cost compliance.
- Minimum of a BSDegree in Mechanical Engineering (or otherengineering discipline). MS in Engineering and/or MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in “hands-on” planning and execution of capital projects in industries including: aluminum, steel, pulp & paper or similar process plant industry.
- Experience with details including design, project specifications, budgets, etc.
- Ability to travel75%+ of the time.
Anticipated base salary in the 85 – 125K range. Upper limit of compensation may have stretch depending on experience.
REFERENCE # LTS- 587