Project Manager - Market Research
Title: Project Manager - Market Research
Location: Troy, Michigan or Westlake Village, California
Reports to: Program Lead, Project Management Office
The Role: Project Managers serve as the single point of accountability for the delivery of projects/services on time, within budget and to standards. Primary duties include developing detailed project plans, tracking and managing performance of projects against plan and constraints, driving risk mitigation planning and issue resolution, assessing and reporting of project health to key stakeholders.
The Impact: The Project Manager will ensure that J.D. Power studies are delivered to meet the needs of the objectives of the business and key stakeholders, while also maximizing efficiency and driving continuous improvement through the use of project management best practices.
- Directly plan and manage performance of assigned projects and/or platforms according to individual project objectives with minimal oversight
- Drive project definition and risk mitigation planning to ensure project plans deliver on study objectives
- Monitor and control assigned projects during implementation with minimal oversight
- Update and maintain all project information in PPM software (Project Insight)
- Assess and report project health and risks to key stakeholders and Program Lead with recommended solutions and action plans
- Conduct root cause and develop actions plans to resolve using LeanSix Sigma techniques for high priority issues with guidance from Program Lead
- Ensure proper maintenance and updates to project plans and status.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate project meetings and ensure documentation/distribution of meeting notes
- Prepare labor and cost estimates during project definition and budgeting
- Provide oversight and guidance to project planners on their assigned tasks
- Minimum of 6years of project management experience in a service environment or equivalent
- Minimum Education: Bachelor?s Degree
- PMP or Green Belt Certification desired but not required
- General knowledge of PMI?s (Project Management Institute) project management framework desired but not required
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to apply critical thinking around complex issues and situations
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability to operate independently with limited oversight
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word)
The Career Opportunity: Growth opportunities in J.D. Power are significant, both within the Project Management Office as well as the overall J.D. Power organization. We have a strong desire to promote from within the company; the right individual has numerous avenues to pursue a long career with J.D. Power.
The Team / The Business: The Project Management Office is an efficient, collaborative and highly skilled team of project managers with a passion for project management and problem-solving.
Our Hiring Manager says: ?I?m looking for a results-driven, critical thinker who has a passion for planning and problem solving. The right person for this job will be process-driven, detail-oriented and able to lead a cross-functional team of resources to successfully deliver projects.
Who We Are
Since 1968, companies around the world have trusted J.D. Power to generate and gather the consumer insights that illuminate and inform business success. At J.D. Power we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Together, these principles empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions ? and better business results. Beyond our proven process, J.D. Power?s strength is its people. They offer diverse disciplines, talents, and expertise, but share one common goal: to generate growth and long-term value for our clients. Our scientists, Ph.D. level statisticians and methodologists, ensure our research meets the highest scientific quality standards and provides advanced statistical support. J.D. Power represents the science of customer satisfaction in any language, to consumers and businesses worldwide.