The Project Manager isresponsible for managing all aspects of Experient’s services on anevent by acquiring resources needed to define the scope, defining project objectives & strategies with client and project team members, monitoring and controlling service delivery, and ensuring operational excellence on all deliverables. They serve as a consultant to their clients and exchange best practices with their peers. The ultimate goal of the Project Manager is clientretentionas a result of superior service delivery.
Manages approximately 10 events per year, depending upon scope and anticipated level of effort.
No Direct Reports.
Budgetary responsibilities include management of costs, especially labor costs, per event. Works in partnership with Account Management to ensure overall event and account profitability.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to VP or Director, Project Management
Works closely with Project Team including Account Management, Registration, Housing, Meeting Planning, Onsite, Application Development, Customer Service and Sourcing staff members.
Initiates the project by creating and maintaining project organizational chart. Meets with client to determine project deliverables and scope. Identifies and addresses any resource gaps. Oversees kick off meetings, or participates in turnover meeting (in the case of new business). Conducts continuous reviews and project deliverables with the client.
Plans the project by creating a project timeline in conjunction with the client & project team. Assigns responsibilities to team members. Establishes communication plan with client & project team, and conducts status meetings and creates project documentation accordingly. Proactively directs, advises, and guides clients through the planning process, providing best practices and alternatives to improve results and solve problems.
Ensures operational excellence in all facets of execution. Mentors team with respect to performance aligned with goals for the project. Manages communication to internal and external stakeholders including event partners and vendors. Maintains and adjusts timelines as needed to ensure all deliverables are met according to schedule, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
Monitors and controls performance on the project by developing and implementing quality control procedures. Enlists additional resources for problem resolution and manages escalation of issues appropriately. Weekly Project Status reports are prepared and communicated.
Conducts post-event reviews and reporting for external and internal team, including observations & recommendations for client and internal staff for improvement when needed. Finalizes and delivers final post-eventreporting to client within recommended guidelines. Shares feedback among team members. Makes recommendations to improve clients bottom line and improve future events.
***Please note prior Event Industry experience is required.***
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiencerequired.
2. Minimum of 3 years events industry experiencerequired.
3. Direct work experience in an external client-facing project management capacity, including all aspects and execution required.
4. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions as well as analytical skills. Prior experience with requirements gathering and data integration desired. Ability to communicate business needs with technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
6. Ability to juggle competing priorities. Ability to motivate a team, be consultative, provide excellent customer service and demonstrate leadership skills.
7. Ability to travel15% of time required.