Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of one or more offshore survey projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. The position of Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of projects on time and within budget. The Project Manger communicates project status with stakeholders and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Creates and executes project work plans and procedures.
- Revises work plans and procedures as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources required for projects.
- Responsible for requisitioning of project resources.
- Manages day-to-day aspects of a project and scope.
- Coordinates preparation and reviews deliverables prepared by team.
- Effectively applies company methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for and participates in project engagement reviews.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project data and documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Provides guidance and instructions to field crew to ensure project goals are met.
- Ensure project team is aware of company and client safety rules and required training.
- Manages project budget.
- Tracks and reports project hours, expenses and revenues on a daily basis.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables for project.
- Technical degree in survey related field and/or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of ten years experience in Marine Construction Surveying or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform the required duties.
- Three to five years experience in international and domestic project management of deepwater projects.
- Must posses basic computer office skills and be able to operate programs such as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Project, Etc.), Google products and ability to use PeopleSoft.
- Must have a valid passport and US driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for meetings, project kickoff and other tasks as assigned.