As part of Maple Leaf Food’s team, this position will provide technical leadership and manage the on site execution of key projects at the Winnipeg facility. Projects will be aimed at upgrading facilities, equipment redesign, and line modifications within the Maple Leaf Foods Inc capital plan.
• Develop and manage yearly capital project plans, operations, budgets and schedules (annual and multi-year) with input from Plant Manager, Production Managers, and Maintenance.
• Prepare and present CER’s (Capital Expenditure Requests) including business case, scope of work, and budget in accordance with Maple Leaf guidelines and governance.
• Identify all issues critical to budget, timeline and performance and ensure proper coordination to address in a timely manner.
• Manage and supervise the execution of assigned projects to budget, timeline and performance targets.
• Monitor and report on the execution of the assigned projects, taking action to coordinate activities and maintain budgets and timelines.
• Assure both "food safety" and "health and safety" in all aspects of plant operations, construction activities and operational changes.
• Ensure the application of all legislative requirements and the appropriate company policies in all areas of capital project execution and technical service.
• Provide input to energy reduction, plant maintenance development and environmental services and the capital investments to address issues or opportunities
• Other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years extensive capital project management experience.
• Knowledge of food industry GMPs, food safety development and health & safety requirements.
• Proven experience and performance in the management of major capital projects execution and successful management of consultants and contractors.
• Knowledge of construction site practices and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of contract development and execution
• Knowledge if WSIB/WCB and insurance requirements and their management on construction sites
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills at all levels.
• Knowledge of environmental compliance for food manufacturing operations.
• Knowledge of health & safety performance for food manufacturing operations.
Reference No.: 10966555