The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate on-site into the client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for this Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 8-10 years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing operations and/or capital projects
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Project Management Professional certification is a plus).
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.