Haemonetics is seeking a talented project manager for medical device manufacturing expansion projects in our Draper, UT facility. Using state of the art manufacturing technologies and equipment, the growing business supported by our Utah-based manufacturing plant dramatically improves the lives of those suffering from immunodeficiency and blood coagulation disorders by producing high-quality products that enable the collection and processing of human source plasma.
About the role:
The project manager is responsible for cross functional leadership of medium to large manufacturing transfer and expansion projects. Projects will typically involve the development, installation, and validation of automated assembly equipment, new molds, molding machines, robotics, and facilities infrastructure in a medical device manufacturing environment. With an engineering background and focus enabling individual contribution, the project manager will be responsible for ensuring that the cross-functional production, engineering, quality, safety, and materials procurement team members are aligned for a full and successful rollout of new equipment and processes.
Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyze and implement large scale medical device plant/operational projects.
• Collaborate with the project management team in the development and execution of projects that include objectives and constraints on time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration.
• Ensure team members assigned to project teams are meeting team objectives.
• Collaborative leadership in support of business unit strategic priorities and meeting expectations of internal and external customers.
• Ensure that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements.
• Provide regular updates and project summaries to Haemonetics management.
• Lead and support new product introductions into manufacturing.
• Lead project team activities to reduce manufacturing cost.
• Manage projects in compliance with Haemonetics standard operating procedures maintaining and refining project plans, product specifications, phase and design reviews, required equipment and Process qualification documentation, test protocols and test reports.
• Manage the overall coordination, status reporting, and schedule adherence of projects of global scope and complexity.
• Regularly interacts with and influences executives and senior leaders in establishing strategic plans, objectives and solutions.
• Utilize coaching and facilitating skills with program shareholders to ensure proper project management protocols are employed and best practices are utilized.
Required Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, or Plastics
Required: At least 8 years Related experience in engineering, science or related technical field
5 years of relevant experience managing projects in a manufacturing environment
Must be able to work effectively across departments and with outside vendors integrating the work of both internal and external resources.
Proven ability to deliver complex projects through ambiguity and technical challenges
Possesses a high degree of initiative
Proactively approaches responsibilities
Effective interpersonal skills
Demonstrated project management skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Strong verbal communication and listening skills
Required: Familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, solid modeling software (Solidworks preferred) and Minitab