Duties & Responsibilities
The PM oversees complex projects or portfolio of projects. Orchestrates the efforts of the multi-disciplined execution team in delivery of the completed project from support of the sales team through Final Completion of constructed projects. The PM is the POC for the customer’s Project Management team and is charged with maintaining a good relationship with the customer’s team.
• Assures adherence of all terms of the EPC-Prime Contract. .
• Applies technical expertise and strong project management knowledge to support the engineering, procurement, and construction of high quality, low cost PV solar power generation facilities.
• Supports the development of the EPC contract, scopes, schedule and project budgets.
• Responsible for project budgets management, project performance metrics and periodic report preparation.
• Provide leadership and guidance to a multi discipline project team to ensure quality engineering deliverables are submitted to the project contract requirements.
• Gives consulted in the review and selection of subcontractors' information and bids
• Management, direction and coordination of all project activity with responsibility for delivering the project to the client in compliance with all contractual requirements, ensuring that resource usage is optimized to achieve or exceed projected profit margins.
• Communicates required completion dates and interfaces between responsible parties of the execution.
• Lead project meetings – inclusive of any necessary clients, vendors, and/or subcontractors.
• Defines and executes project management requirements, ensuring that project designs meet standards for product functionality, performance, cost and quality. Exhibits advanced ability to apply standard project management techniques, procedures, criteria, and good judgment.
• Management of direct reports including recruitment, retention and monitoring acceptable levels of performance.
• Bachelors Degree in related field (e.g. Engineering/Construction/Business degree ) or commensurate experience.
o 7 years minimum experience in project management, construction management, renewable or traditional power generation.
o PMP certification or MBA preferred
• Experience managing and leading multiple projects of various sizes.
• Must have extensive field experience in design and construction of large power plants.
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Strong commercial and leadership skills.
• Strong knowledge of legal aspects of contracts
• Strong project management skills including budget adherance and cost control measures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience in management of large teams on complex projects.