General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the operational aspects of one or more Reaper sustainment or enhancement project(s) and serves as the liaison between project management and the project team, planning, and line management for sharing information and resolving basic problems. Continually reviews status of the project(s) and budgets to ensure project(s) are completed on time and within budget. Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with development of project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Manage and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on supporting or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and may present results to project management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, import/export, and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- May participate in or lead segments of the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new or repeated business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and nine or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least three of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- The ability to initiate, plan and manage projects
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of complex issues
- Strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience with aircraft maintenance operations or logistics support
- Experience executing programs for U.S. or other governmental customers
- Must be able to gain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
Job ID#: 20491BR