Responsible for managing all aspects of the project by acquiring resources needed to define the scope, defining project objectives and strategies with client and project team members, monitoring and controlling service delivery and overseeing all post-eventreporting. The ultimate goal is clientretentionas a result of superior service delivery.
Manages approximately 10 events per year, depending upon scope and anticipated level of effort
No direct reports
Budgetary responsible include management of costs per event and works in partnership with Sales to ensure overall event profitability.
Reporting and Working
Reports to Director of Operations, Sports & Enthusiast. Works closely with Clients, Sales and Project Team.
Creates and maintains project organziation chart. Meets with client to determine project deliverables and scope. Identifies and addresses any resource gaps. Oversees turnover meetings. Conducts continuous reviews of project deliverables and scope with the client.
Creates project timeline in conjuction with client & project team. Assigns responsiblities to team members.Conducts regular status meetings with team. Establishes communications and creates, maintains written meeting specifications throughout the planning process.
methods with internal and external stakeholders. Proactively directs, advises and guides clients throughout planning process providing creative alternatives to improve meeting quality and solve problems. Produces thorough vendor RFP, bid analysis, and recommendations to client, negotiating fair pricing, contract terms and service offerings. Reviews, monitor and approve final hotel and supplier services and invoices. Manages contracted service onsite according to company standards.
Mentors team in respect to skills and procedures. Manages communications to internal and external stakeholders. Develops and implements quality control procedures. Maintains timelines to ensure all deliverables are met according to schedule. Assigns resources for problem resolution and manages escalation of issues appropriately with leadership as needed. Weekly Project Status Reports are prepared and shared.
Conducts post-event reviews and reporting for external and internal team, including lessons learned and recommendations to management for improvement when needed. Finalizes and delivers final post-eventreporting to customer within company mandated guidelines. Shares feedback among project team members. Makes recommendations to benefit clients’ bottom line and improve future meetings.
1. Bachelordegree or equivalent experiencerequired.
2. Minimum 5 years of meetings industry or live eventexperiencerequired.
3. CMP or PMP certification highly desired.
4. Direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution required. Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance required.
5. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills.
6. Excellent organizational, time and project management skills, ability to multi-task.
7. Ability to consistently attain highest scores in areas of skills, consultation and leadership skills, ability to handle complex groups.
8. Ability to travel 30% of time required.