We are a project management consulting firm that advises on and executes companies' most complex initiatives. We take our client's vision or challenge and transform it into an actionable roadmap and provide an onsite leader to drive the initiative through completion. With careful planning and rigorous execution, we help clients meet their goals and sustain them efficiently, cost-effectively, and often ahead of schedule. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Boston, Newark, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis and San Francisco, Our company has led more than 4,000 projects for over 350 clients in the United States and across continents. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to startups. Tackling the most complex projects, often for highly regulated industries, we have compressed timelines by as much as 50%, streamlined operations to generate millions of dollars in cost savings, secured timely FDA approvals, and led global product-recall projects. In 2016, we were recognized as one of Forbes magazine's 25 Best Small Companies in America. In addition, our company has been named a "Best Workplace" for eight consecutive years by the Great Place to Work Institute.
Our Project Management Consultants are our full-time employees. They are our most important asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest. They have experience in one or more of our industries, adapt quickly to new environments, and above all are strong LEADERS. Such distinction has enabled us to grow rapidly, earning us recognition for six consecutive years as one of Inc. Magazine's 5000 fastest growing private companies. We plan to continue to grow and seek exceptional talent to be part of our successful team.
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in life sciences/healthcare, food & beverage, industrial, and/or consumer products industries. We need a change agent who is passionate, has high energy, and is results-oriented with a creative and analytical mind. We look for folks with experience with advanced project management tools and processes. You should have the ability to manage critical situations.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate into client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
The Project Management Consultant will spend 80-100% of the time at the client facility. In order to satisfy this requirement, travel outside the local area may be required. To ensure appropriate support from your colleagues and the perpetuation of our special culture, our Consultants reside near one of our six offices.
The Project Management Consultant will:
- Manage projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing corporate standards of quality.
- Define the objective, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project.
- Develop Project Plans and Schedules that represent the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, Final Project Summary, etc.).
- Research and prepare project metric information including value statements or measures that explain/promote/justify company involvement.
- Facilitate and lead effective meetings.
- Manage change and/or conflict within any project in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner.
- Develop accurate resource planning estimates to effectively manage personal workload and maximize individual productivity and revenue generation.
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, client, and other resources associated with project activity.
- Professionally communicate verbally with a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from contracttrade laborers to senior level executives.
- Focus to outstanding customer service principles interacting with clients and coworkers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 6-20+ years of industry experience in the life sciences, food & beverage, industrial, and/or consumer products industries.
- 3+ years of project management experience related to one or more of company business offerings: product development and lifecycle management, business process optimization, strategic business consulting, and operations optimization.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications are a plus).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Interstate, intrastate, and international travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Base salary commensurate with experience and designed to attract the best and brightest candidates
- Full-time employment with a growing company whose management is committed to job stability
- Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
- Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Annual performance bonus potential
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Business development incentives
- Philanthropy driven culture
- Paid training and certification
- 100% promotion from within
- Quarterly social activities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation