As a Project Manager you will plan, coordinate, and direct all activities and teammates of assigned projects from project inception through project close-out. This includes managing contracts, clients, and the project team while remaining involved in business development and production activities.
Project Managers are responsible to drive results by coordinating the workload of the project team through all project stages to complete documents within project scope, on schedule, and meeting the client’s and Company’s budgets. This position requires involvement with the management, production, and coordination of several projects concurrently. Project Managers must exhibit excellent client relationship skills and are expected to be involved with marketing, proposal development, contract negotiation, and production meetings. Project Managers must work collaboratively with individuals throughout the organization with a strong team oriented approach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes project scope with the client
- Identifies project related risks and proactively plans for their mitigation
- Coordinates with the project team discipline leaders regarding fee preparation
- Prepares fee proposals
- Prepares and negotiates client and subcontractor contracts
- Develops schedules and project plans
- Leads project kick off and regular project team meetings
- Communicates relevant information with the project team
- Monitors the project team’s progress against plan
- Ensures all project deliverables go through a detailed technical QA/QC review
- Monitors subconsultant work progress against contract
- Maintains frequent contact with the client
- Identifies changes in scope to prepare and coordinate requests for additional services
- Fosters positive relations with clients, subcontractors, and contractors
- Resolves project related disputes in a prompt, professional manner
- Coordinates project billing with the accounting department
- Monitors the collection of fees from clients.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Operations regarding performance and work quality of project teammates
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 10+ years of architecture/engineering/project management experience within a variety of market sectors. Experience in Education, Civic/Public, and Commercial/Workplace experience preferred.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited college or university required
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer preferred
- Proficiency with Deltek Vision, Bluebeam, and MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) preferred
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to a number of concurrent projects in various stages
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals throughout the organization with a strong team-oriented approach
- Exceptional client management, customer service orientation, writing and presentation skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience leading large and small user groups through a project design process
- Working knowledge of current construction materials and methods and variety of project delivery and contracting processes