Project Manager - Learning and Development
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end project planning and execution process for the Learning and Leadership Development organization. This position will collaborate with various Learning and Development (L&D) teams, subject matter experts and stakeholders to identify project objectives and desired outcomes. This position ensures that resources are available for project milestones to meet required deliverables and deadlines in L&D. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the development, implementation and improvement of Learning and Development processes required to design, deliver and evaluate programs in the Learning and Leadership Development organization.
- Review, assess and determine if requests are in scope based on our operating model guidelines and determine the appropriate solutions for the requests.
- Provide overall governance and oversight for all projects for the Learning and Leadership Development organization.
- Manage and assess the overall project; break it down into logical/manageable pieces, analyze relationships/dependencies between pieces and identify critical path between pieces.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms and escalates quickly when appropriate.
- Partner with various L&D verticals and key stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task for Learning and Development.
- Effectively set priorities, understand critical path, can identify needs for and re-establish priorities as required.
- Define risks and develop the executable risk mitigation strategy to redirect the project back on target.
- Develop alternative courses of action and make timely decisions based on logical assumptions and reflect factual information.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to team as needed.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, prepare and complete action plans, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change.
- Leverage industry best practice-level project management methodologies and ensure new/modified practices or procedures are documented and effectively communicated to Learning and Development team, including internal controls-related procedures.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved; measure and report metrics, KPIs and service levels.
- Consult with business and other resources to gain an understanding of industry trends and new initiatives; make recommendations to management regarding best practices, including adoption of new trends and initiatives.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 6 years of experience leading, managing, and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Previous experience working with project management tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- PMP Certification, Kaisen Project Management Certification or equivalent work experience in hospitality industry.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.