HOK is looking for talented individuals to join the CENTRUS team as we begin work on the historic Centre Block Rehabilitation.
- Provides onsite interface and supportive representation for the successful delivery Landscape Architectural services.
- Assists senior management in developing and validating: scheduling, scope of services & tracking budgets. Assists in preparing and coordinating project presentations. Disseminates information pertinent to HOK staff, client and project team.
- Responsible for attending, participating in and/or leading stakeholder sessions, meetings with client and other governing agencies.
- Responsible for initiating project meetings, meeting agendas, notifications and meeting minutes.
- Responsible for maintaining design intent as approved by the Client.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects such as: work plans; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and costs as well as project change notices or other related actions affecting the project.
- Assists senior management in the preparation and execution of consultant contracts.
- Solves complex project issues by providing team support and assists in solutions to technical problems.
- Ensures HOK and Project Standards are adhered to throughout the life of the Project.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Reviews deliverables for adherence to Client protocol and ensures project documentation, deliverables and contracts are in compliance with the project protocol.
- Plans, organizes and manages project team and reports with assigned Project Manager for HOK Canada Planning to ensure consistency in project expectations.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration while monitoring activities during the construction phase.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with consultants, contractors and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships throughout project. Keeps client apprised of project progress on regular basis. Initiates and maintains contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination and negotiation of critical issues.
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Participates in Client and Key Stakeholder presentations.
- Participates in developing annual business plan for the business unit with Regional Leader.
- Identifies new additional services when potential scope arises.
- Provides leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
- Defines staff requirements for projects as needed or directed. Makes recommendations to senior management for staff promotions/terminations and may participate in recruiting process.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Position is in Ottawa and candidate will be expected to interface with other HOK Canada offices and potentially international team members.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of a complex scope.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is necessary and working knowledge of Revit is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch up, and InDesign graphic software is preferred.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Basic hand sketching abilities that communicate quick ideas and building techniques is heavily preferred.
- Ability to work within and foster a team environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- 7 plus years’ of well-rounded experience.
- Registration with current license (LARE or equivalent).
- If from another region, license must be transferable to the OALA for recognition.
- LEED AP Accreditation is preferred.