Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 27 days ago
Provides internal consulting on project management issues and identifies opportunities for process and efficiency improvement. Acts as chief liaison to the operational personnel of major sponsors and is responsible for large study programs. Prepares and maintains process documents and acts as a back-up for the (Associate) Director PM, when needed. Mentors Project Managers.
• Demonstrated proficiency and clarity in written and verbal communication
• Tracking and support shipping of materials to and from PPD
• Primary contact for identified client. Able to disseminate information appropriately as received.
• Coordinate Client visits and audits. Host visits in BD absence.
• Create PowerPoint slide decks for Business review meetings
• Entering RFP requests when needed. Work with lab management to provide scope/pricing as needed for certain studies.
• Track and Recognize Hourly and FTE usage for month end close
• Assist TOM with pulling information needed via Partner, Spotfire or other tools (quality, scheduling, revenue etc.)
• Updating revenue/work projections in PARTner based on the RFP
• Create and track numerous metrics based on client's request, including throughput metrics, FTE utilization, quality trends
• Monitoring timelines for investigations and deviations
• Develops a network of resources across departments
• Tracking deliverables / driving projects to completion / leadership in the sense of ensuring deliverables are met by coordinating and communicating effectively with the team
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6+ years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Competent with specific computers and enterprise applications, including office productivity
• Ability to program the IT system according to protocol requirements
• Proven analytical skills
• Demonstrated compliance with procedures and policies
• Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Project Management in Global Central Lab environment
• Strong client relationship management skills
• Ability to work effectively with multi-level teams
• No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations, occasional domestic travel.
• Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
• Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
• Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
• Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
• Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate lab equipment.
• Occasional mobility needed.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.