We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery.
The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This role will support and oversee assigned projects for the Knowledge & Change Strategies team in addition to the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering & Technology area. Coordinate and collaborate with project teams to ensure deliverables are on time, within scope and budget.
- Provide project and change management to key business initiatives outlined by the Knowledge & Change Strategies team
- Utilize the decision point process and documentation to move a project through the lifecycle
- Ensure projects are delivered on-schedule, on scope, on cost (if applicable)
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Apply project management principles including scope and schedule management, risk and opportunity management, critical problem solving, to ensure on time delivery of projects that meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with the team to develop a knowledge management strategy
- Define deliverables, scope of work and develop detailed schedule for projects to ensure value is provided to the customer/requestor and business objective/goals are met.
- Make timely and sound business decisions that support the business objectives of Knowledge & Change Strategies.
- Support the knowledge sharing collaboration tools (Wikis, Office365, Sharepoint, JIRA ALM, etc.)
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track the progress of a project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs (if applicable).
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills to a wide variety of audiences
- Willingness to share best practices and partner with organizations inside and outside of Collins Aerospace
- Ability to facilitate and present to various audiences up to and including executive leaders
- Strong focus on ethics, trust and building relationships
- Ability to address risks and challenges in a timely manner
- Ability to build relationships and work well within teams, as well as work autonomously and be creative and innovative in project approaches
- Understanding of basic Knowledge Management principles (transfer of best practices, building communities, knowledge sharing practices, knowledge bases, etc.)
- Skilled in various tools and technologies, including Wikis, Sharepoint, ALM/JIRA
- Prosci Certified and able to apply change management techniques and tools when needed
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism
- Willingness to continue learning
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and email
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High organizational skills
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.