Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
KCI BENEFITS INFORMATION
KCI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Duties, Responsibilities & Other
This is an exempt management level position that will require an enthusiastic team leader to oversee a team of engineers, designers, and construction coordinators. This team is responsible for utilizing client design and construction standards for work order preparation consisting of complex projects such as Highway Relocations, Load Growth Feeders, Small Wire Reconductor, Smart Grid, Storm Hardening, Subdivisions and Apartments, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial.
- 7+ years of experience working in the Electric Utility Industry with a core focus in Distribution Design and Construction. Direct utility experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- This position requires a broad knowledge of electric distribution engineering and construction practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient at applying principles of project management.
- Strong ability to lead and grow an engineering design team. This includes day-to-day team interactions such as assignment of work, project reviews, mentoring, recognition, coaching, progressive discipline such as verbal and written warnings, etc..
- Experience in developing and managing processes that yield a positive impact on quality and efficiency and meet or exceed the needs of the company, client, and employees.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc..
- Must be flexible and willing to embrace a variety of work schedules. The recent Covid19 Pandemic has underscored the potential for flexible work schedules such as Telework.
- Responsible for client billing and employee timesheets to ensure that charging is accurate and timely in all instances.
- Responsible for Team’s general administrative needs to include timesheet submittals, PTO requests, work schedules, etc..
- Participate in the new employee recruitment process to include interviews, job offers, onboarding activities, etc..
- Demonstrated experience in training and developing others.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of complete, constructible design packages.
- Ability to support local and out-of-state storm restoration activities as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in project budgets and technical deliverables, QA/QC reviews for project or task deliverables, communication, and interaction with external and internal clients.
- Other duties may include marketing, business development and expansion of the Power Engineering Practice.
- Supports company goals and represents company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional experience.
- Appropriate professional certification preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks are required.
- Professional references may be required based upon position.
- Employment history will be reviewed to determine candidate’s eligibility to work with KCI clients.
- BOUD, Microstation, and Maximo proficiency
- Experience in leading large, diverse work groups in dynamic environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 - 12 years of professional experience.
- Appropriate professional certification preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Mentor and train staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by soliciting monthly performance feedback, identifying client needs, and identifying the next project
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job activities as required
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Provide input to develop project-specific safety plans and implement project safety plans and ensure compliance with all Federal, state, and local safety rules and regulations
- Report monthly proposal results to operations manager
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(75%-80% typical)
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Chart and provide project performance results
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants as required
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Ensure effective use of equipment and personnel
- Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with project analyst to review project invoices
- Meet monthly with practice leader to review project performance
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
- Prepare interpractice agreements and/or outside requests as required
- Prepare monthly progress reports for all projects
- Prepare monthly project staff utilization plan
- Propose and negotiate scope, schedule and fee estimate for tasks and projects
- Provide bi-weekly percent complete data to project assistant
- Provide monthly project updates to practice leader
- Provide monthly WIP/AR comments to the operations manager
- Provide technical project and staff oversight
- Provide weekly new project budget data to the practice leader
- Serve as project or task manager on select projects
- Compare field data to design plans
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
- Read and interpret technical documents required for project execution
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.