Summary of This Role
Manages all aspects of large scale and complex projects or initiatives from initiation to delivery, so the projects are completed on time, with quality, and within budget. Designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing a project, and monitors progress and performance against it. Identifies, resolves, or escalates issues in order to minimize delays. Facilitates and manages the analysis of project requirements, identifies and understands the cost estimates, resources, and time required to complete the project(s), and ensures project goals and requirements are met within time, cost, and quality parameters. Acts as a liaison with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project. Conducts project meetings, and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team. Works with stakeholders and identifies and establishes priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones and ensures project is delivered to the internal and/or external client’s satisfaction.
What Part Will You Play?
- Manages projects with a span of influence that typically require working within multiple business segments and/or across corporate shared service resources, such as Software Development, Information Security, IT Development, Customer Service and/or Training, etc. May manage projects, on an infrequent basis, with a span of influence that typically require collaborating and working across the enterprise.
- Works across internal functional areas and with external stakeholders, and may work across the enterprise and/or with third party vendors to deliver a new product or solution. May interact with internal and/or external senior and executive leadership teams in order to provide status updatereports and to escalate issues that need senior or executive level attention, etc.
- Manages projects that typically require making complex customizations, such as creating a new module of functionality within an application or making an enhancement to an existing framework; may need to obtain alignment across the enterprise for the development of a new solution in which there may be no functional internal SME available in the enterprise and no existing road map may exist. May also manage projects involved in a solution in a new country or location.
- Manages project plans in which portions of the solution exist or the required solution may not exist, but there is a need for a complex modification to meet the business requirement.
- Manages and monitors time, scope, and cost for the project based on the identified requirements. Not only identifies issues, but also anticipates issues that need escalation; may escalate issues to the senior or executive leadership team, but is competent to solve most issues.
- Collaborates, negotiates, and manages issues to resolution. Conducts conflict management with all levels internal and/or external stakeholders as requirements are identified, various issues arise, scope changes are requested, etc.; may conduct multiple iterations of feasibility analysis and have further communication which includes negotiation, conflict resolution, and problem-solving with internal and external stakeholders due to projects having the potential for varied and complex scope change(s).
- Gathers project sizing information from appropriate teams, and ensures all projects are properly and accurately estimated and timely billed; monitors and tracks to the budget; acts as a mentor to less experienced project managers to assist with the financial responsibility of the job. May oversee the creation and monitoring of budgets and challenges them as necessary; monitors billing performance against targets, deploying action plans to address any negative variances.
- Completes and reviews monthly reports for all projects assigned, and provides feedback and recommendations regarding project budgets; identifies opportunities to increase project revenue through the provision of value added services (e.g., consultancy, test support, etc.) and to lower the cost of delivery to optimize the project team’s productivity. May contribute to the annual budgetforecasting process and manage and monitor the budget; supports the quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Has the authority to make decisions outside of established processes, methodologies, etc. that impact the project’s delivery; influences the decisions of other members on project team, and mentors less experienced team members regarding decision making activities
- Collaborates with internal departments, such as Legal, Procurement, and Finance, as needed, to manage the budgeting and contractual responsibilities and any associated impacts; mentors less experienced project managers with working with otherinternal resources
- Mentors and may guide less experienced project managers with the creation and management of project plans.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No designated field; or equivalent training and/or work experience in lieu of a degree
- Typically Minimum 8Years Relevant Exp
- Master's Degree
- No designated field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent