Plans, monitors, and manages internal projects from initiation through completion. Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost. Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments, or resource additions. Is recognized as an expert within the organization. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions and best practices. Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Works on complex projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluations criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Manages projects through the application of comprehensive project management concepts that include leading and coordinating groups/resources, organizing and tracking tasks, mitigating risks, engaging stakeholders, creating and monitoring deliverables, and reporting on obstacles to ensure effective project outcomes.
- Maintains project documentation, including charter, plan, scope statement, communication plan and deployment timeline.
- Researches, provides, formats, and analyzes data. Observes and analyzes patterns, trends, and correlations to make recommendations on company strategic issues and projects. Applies a wide application of theoretical concepts, principles, and practices to the analytical process.
- Controls and mitigates project risks by performing the qualitative and quantitative analysis of risks and trigger events, planning risk response, establishing contingency plans, anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and recommending ways to mitigate future risks to management.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on key metrics (i.e. deliverables, financials, duration, benefits, readiness) and communicating findings to stakeholders and leadership.
- Manages the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal partners, third party vendors, and leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Master's Degree - Preferred
- 8 years of experience in project management.
- Project Management and/or other relevant discipline (PMP, CAPM, etc.) - Preferred