Responsible for managing the overall project deliverables on HealthcareTechnology Division projects and managing project budgets, schedules, scopes, quality and risks to achieve business objectives. Responsible for ensuring that appropriate project plans are developed, scope and deliverables defined, resources secured and expectations are set and that system implementation is conducted with minimal impacts to end-users and all required support activities have been accomplished. Effective management of third party vendors and a deep understanding of IT Technologies (e.g., End User Devices, Unified Communications, Network, Storage/Server, Security and Cloud Computing, etc.) is required to be able to manage, deliver and report effectively. Responsible for planning and overseeing voice, data and video communications infrastructure and systems, including low voltage cabling systems, equipment rooms, telecommunications rooms, building pathway systems, entrance facilities and outside plant pathway systems. Responsible for providing direction and enforcement of Cleveland Clinic standards throughout Cleveland Clinic London (CCL) and for the following areas: Technology Research, Engineering and Design, Corporate Standards and Project Engineering. Although technical ability and proficiency is required and mandated, the position demands strong Project Management skills and the ability to enforce Project Management best practice to successfully ensure time, budget and scope constraints are met.
- Defines project requirements according to the PMO established standards (e.g., scope, schedule, resources, budget, deliverables, etc.).
- Manages project work plans, resolves project issues, mitigates strategies for project risks and manages project resources.
- Constructs project plan and reviews work plans to assess implications of schedule changes.
- Defines and executes program/project planning processes and interfaces with project leads to standardize processes across IT.
- Identifies project deliverables and requirements.
- Establishes and documents standard project-planning terminology (e.g., phases, milestones, tasks, etc.).
- Defines processes for examining project interdependencies and integrating track/project plans into program.
- Works across program to interface with all constituents and get a basic understanding of most aspects of the program and shareexperience and best practices.
- Monitors procedural compliance (e.g., issue tracking, scope management, etc.).
- Ensures that all project artifacts are completed within guidelines of the CCL Project Management Methodology.
- Defines and develops projects thoroughly, including scope, objectives, work plans, milestones, resource requirements and deliverables.
- Provides meeting documentation and contributes to meeting facilitation.
- Provides accurate, timely information to the PMO Director related to Program status.
- Develops slides and content for project presentations and reports to CCL Senior Executives and business partners.
- Acts as the main point of contact for the technology projects which are part PMO the strategic program.
- Acts as a critical part of the technology core team enabling effective project and risk management.
- Manages the set up and day-to-day management of project delivery.
- Manages internal relationships and communications to key stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle, including regular reporting to the PMO Director, Executive Sponsor and Business Lead.
- Makes recommendations for improved project management processes by being an active member of the Program & Project Management Community of Practice.
- Works with the business functions to clearly define technical requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Acts as the interface between the applications development teams and the technology integrator.
- Establishes effective third party vendor management and act as the link person for the Technology team.
- Coordinates all construction related activities including but not limited to electrical, mechanical and communications technologies utilizing industry standard project management practices.
- Performs research and provides input to management related to new and emerging technologies.
- Provides project engineering input to the end-user, network services, and telecommunications services staff, operations administration and contractors and participates in vendor training and product presentations.
- Acts as the focal point for CCL regarding low voltage system technology trends and direction.
- Meets with vendor/manufacturer representatives to evaluate product offerings and determine applicability to CCL standards and technology direction.
- Provides post project quality control of equipment rooms, telecommunications rooms and building pathway systems.
- Works with architects and engineering firms during the design phase of each project and ensures that adequate facility space, power, HVAC and cabling pathways are provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, ElectricalEngineering, or related field is required.
- Additional years of experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI), Certificate in Project Management from an accredited college or Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2) certification from the PRINCE2 Training Organization highly preferred.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD®), Registered Telecommunications Project Manager (RTPM), Data Center Design Consultant (DCDC), or Outside Plan Designer (OSP) from Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) is preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge and technical understanding of enterprise networking, distributed/cloud computing and Intranet/Internet technology.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking, IT facility planning and design and architectural, engineering and construction industry practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of implementing HealthcareTechnology and applications in a complex environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills with demonstrated ability to present articulate and compelling proposals to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well with others and reconcile differences among resources/departments.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools and best practices.
- High proficiency with standard computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience is required.
- Experience with managing resources, conflict resolution, problem solving, understanding of budgets and other related project management techniques.
- Experience in technology solutions planning is required.
- Experience in interfacing with senior management and leadership.
- High degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying up to 50 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.