At Zones, we enable positive business outcomes through innovative solutions that leverage technology from world-class partners and exceptional service from our team of certified sales, engineering, and supply chain specialists.
nfrastructure, the services division of Zones, is comprised of more than 400 systems engineers, solution architects, and technical specialists who design and deploy solutions in support of our clients’ digital workplace modernization, network optimization, data center transformation, and security fortification initiatives. Our values are simple: work together, learn together – and succeed together. We promote a high-spirited working environment, where teams can collaborate and learn from each other. That’s how we’ve innovated, adapted, and grown for over 30 years.
The Project Manager‘s role is to plan, manage, and execute multiple project initiatives that create and sustain comprehensive solutions to deliver a world-class customer experience. These deliverables are managed from initiation to project close-out to ensure the quality of deliverables and timely completion. The role reports to the VP of Information Technology and oversees a portfolio of IT projects by managing the day to day operational activities across various internal functional departments within the Zones IT department. This role ensures projects align with the business strategy and deliver on time, boosting productivity and scalability while improving profitability.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Manage the day to day operational & strategic activities of projects across the various IT groups within Zones
- Track & report on pending/overdue actions of the various IT stakeholders
- Responsible for successful delivery in a matrixed resource environment for all the project deliverables
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings
- Coordinate & manage outsourcing activities & deliverables
- Manage project activities through the effective use of project management principles and the specific methodologies adopted by Zones to achieve timely project completion and meet the defined project business objectives
- Develop and execute project plans for major Zones IT initiatives, in a matrix capacity with project team members throughout the organization
- Present recommendations for effective consensus decision making, taking into consideration risk analysis and impact assessment for project milestones
- Develop project resource and cost estimates
- Monitor actual project expenditures against project estimates and budgets
- Provide accurate and timely budgetreporting
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with the project sponsor/business owner to ensure that business objectives are met and any changes are clearly communicated
- Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management and other managers whose staff are involved in projects
- Conform to customer service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure decreased liability and penalties for not meeting SLA requirements
- Use advanced technical knowledge to perform and apply new technical procedures
- Provide technical direction, guidance and support to associate project managers and project coordinators
- Lead and manage teams of multi-skilled resources to ensure goals and deliverables for the projects are being met and or exceeded
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8years project management experience with at least three years managing large, complex IT projects which demonstrate a broad and deep understanding of complex business processes, multiple platforms and language technologies and financial management.
PMP certification desired.
- Demonstrated track record for managing complex operational projects, including awareness of business activities
- Technical expertise in the requirements/specification/development/testing of systems and applications is highly desirable
- Experience with technologies/applications such as AX, MS CRM, BI, MSTechnologies, Cloud, Java, Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated success at influencing people and initiating changes in business practice
- Proven experience effectively interacting with customers, including relationship building
- Ability to work with customer management teams to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success
- PMI member with expert skills using PMI methods in work products/project execution including change management, risk management, and issues management
- Experience delivering presentations
- Negotiation skills to achieve coordination and results.
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with managing projects with field-based deliverables, and practical experience with concepts such as technicianutilization, ticket backlog, and workload balancing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Outlook
- Proficient in budget analysis and understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with matching provision
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Financial protection benefits
- Group discounts & perks
- Wellness programs
- And more