Work Boldly. Live Brilliantly.
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
Under the direction of the Project Director – Office of the CIO, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing large and/or complex programs and projects throughout AltaMed, including the clinical sites. The focus will be to design, plan, manage and implement strategic IT, clinical and business initiatives with significant financial, process, information systems and organizational impacts that span across multiple business lines and functions. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior leaders and other project and program sponsors, quickly and comprehensively assess and address issues associated with initiatives, and the ability to identify and implement improvements within the overall project delivery process. She/he will be expected to support and promote Project Management Standards and Software Development Lifecycle best practices and to contribute in the department’s effort to institutionalize project management, program management, change management and lean processes throughout the enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Organizational Management, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum five year of experience in project management with successful deployment demonstrating measurable positive results in the healthcare IT required.
- Experience in process improvement or business services is preferred.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan/schedule which includes administrative tasks and all sites/team members involved in the project; the detailed schedule will include all phases of the project.
- Responsible to track project changes and produce updated site based/project schedules as agreed with project stakeholder/lead and Director.
- Develop and maintain project dashboards and communicate with stakeholders/leads as defined.
- Lead project meetings and maintain project meeting calendars.
- Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations, plans, spreadsheets and tables.
- Collaborate in maintaining all project documents (hard and soft copies).
- Ensure that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for including deadlines.
- Communicate relevant information to all team members, such as change in schedule dates, changes in the project’s requirements, unexpected barriers etc.
- Coordinate activities with vendors and suppliers and maintain relationships with them.
- Assist the Director in various activities such as budget development, monitoring and in meetings with management.
- Assist in development and maintenance of the IT SharePoint sites.
- Coordinate and provide go live support when needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs