Job ID 79726 Date posted 02/26/2018 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Information Services
About Baystate Health
Baystate Healthis an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
Summary: High profile Teletrack Project
Reporting to the Director of the Program Management Office with dotted line to the IT Director(s) of the strategic project(s) the IT Project Manager plans, directs, controls and implements highly complex, large-scale, strategic IT projects enabling technology solutions and systems to meet department and enterprise-wide business and clinical needs using Baystate Health IT standard project management methodologies. They are a member of the IT Program Management Office (PMO) and perform additional PMO related activities such as: Assisting in the establishment and on-going management of PMO governance to guarantee program and project approval, implementation and validation according to established criteria, and ensure projects are managed on time and within budget, and meet quality and success requirements; Continuously improve all components of the PMO, including a training course, processes, procedures and tools to ensure the successful management and reporting of all IT programs and projects; Mentor and perform PMO education
What You Will Do:
- Project Mgmt - Manage projects using BH-specific project management methodology to deliver technology that drives business/clinical benefit. This includes all project management activities, such as project development, schedule creation and management, WBS development, budget development and management, contract negotiations, monitoring of contract and project deliverables, risk assessment and mitigation, scope and change management, issue management, status reporting at all levels, project resource management, training plans and execution, communication planning, go-live management, turn-over (to operation teams) planning and management, value realization, and lessons learned review. The will guide project stakeholders and team members through the project life-cycle. They will ensure effective utilization of resources. Assist in management of project database tool (e.g., add templates, users, etc.). Oversee project database to ensure standards and methodology are being followed.
- Project Mgmt - Manage vendor relationships within scope of project-specific work. This includes but is not limited to contract reconciliation, maintenance agreements, managing enhancements and upgrades, issue escalation, and partnership agreements.
- Project Mgmt - Provide leadership and direction in the analysis, selection, design, and implementation of IT solutions that best meet BH IT guidelines and standards. Review project performance relative to commitments Work with IT resource managers to resolve barriers and conflicts that affect program or project performance.
- Portfolio Mgmt - Assist in preparation and production of governance materials to support the review and approval of IT programs and projects to proceed to the next phase based on analysis of cost, schedule, risk management and requirements. Assist in gathering data to support the review of authorizing existing project change requests affecting scope or timeline and ultimately having the potential to impact the portfolio (timeline or resource availability of other projects)
- Portfolio Mgmt - Assist in IT PMO governance value assessment and prioritization activities ensuring IT program and project decisions align with organization strategic goals and are made in recognition of established IT governance criteria. Assist with the review, sequencing and scheduling of IT programs and projects and ensure they are made in recognition of prioritization performed, resource availability, and other constraints (e.g., compliance with federal laws, regulations, and policies; other externally mandated requirements)
- Portfolio Mgmt - Prepare and present portfolio, program and project status updates to stakeholders. Assist in monitoring the portfolio of projects and recommending strategies to resolve major resource conflicts
- Continuously improve all components of the PMO, including a training course, processes, procedures and tools to ensure the successful management and reporting of all IT programs and projects. Leads organizational and departmental performance improvement activities as assigned
- Assist in the establishment and on going management of PMO governance to guarantee program and project approval, implementation and validation according to established criteria, and ensure projects are managed on time and within budget, and meet quality and success requirements. Assists in defining and meeting Program Management Office service project and portfolio metrics.
- Develop and maintain effective lines of communication and relationships with IT leaders and staff, appropriate BH leaders and staff, project sponsors and champions, to ensure IT department is delivering effective and efficient projects and services. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up, chairing, and presenting at project, partner advisory, decision-making, oversight, steer, department, and other meetings. Provide and present organizational communication and education related to the areas of responsibility. Ensure communications are consistent and coordinated. Mentor and perform PMO education
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for continuing professional development to increase understanding of assigned areas, information technology direction, and healthcare direction.
What You Will Need:
Minimally Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Management of Information
Minimally Required Experience:
- 5 to7 years of project management experience with 2 or more years of supervisory experience with project staff.
- Demonstrating knowledge and/or experience of the organization’s system environment with a strong understanding of interoperability (i.e., healthcare, work environment, technical terminology, etc.).
- Experienced in a health care organization and operations with a working knowledge of HIPAA, including the security requirements and the technical requirements.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in managing complex, strategic information technology programs and projects in healthcare is preferred and must be recent (within the last five years).
- Demonstrated experience of good work breakdown structure and on target resource estimating for a variety of information technology projects types.
Skills / Competencies:
- Demonstrated negotiation, communication, facilitation, efficient decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be a visionary.
- Experienced in project planning, process improvement, performance measurement, and managing a project life cycle.
- Knowledgeable of the importance of quality in data content and service management processes.
- Understanding of IT standards, concepts and techniques for the management of information technologyincluding IT infrastructure, development, operations, accepted measures, indicators, processes and bestpractices to assist in maximizing the benefits derived through the use of information technology; developmentof appropriate IT governance and control (i.e. ITIL and COBIT).
- Knowledgeable of structured project management methodologies such as PMI PMBOK and demonstrated experience in ability to apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, concepts, and techniques.
- Proven understanding of the benefits of information systems that extends beyond the technology to the improvement and re-engineering of clinical processes, and who has demonstrated the ability to help realize those benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to balance information systems requirements to support the health system vision within resource constraints; work with Senior Management to prioritize and revise plans on a regular basis; with a track record of managing resources judiciously