The Project Manager is responsible for leading the process and projects to assess, design and implement business and technical solutions to meet specific needs. This role will manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple and / or large-scale projects which may include: project planning and scheduling; status reporting; financial tracking; resource supervision; vendor management; metrics collection and reporting; issue escalation and resolution; and risk identification and mitigation activities. Additionally, they will provide leadership and direction to formal and informal project resources and define and implement standardized processes that conform to project management best practices. Lastly, this position will participate in and / or define the Integrated Solutions group’s technology and application architecture direction through identification, evaluation and recommendation of appropriate technologies.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects.
- Identify and estimate project complexity, approach, staffing, cost and alternatives using repeatable estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
- Manage scope and mitigate risk across projects.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the project management plan, including configuration management, risk management, issue management, and communication plans.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, at a level of quality consistent with constituent expectations.
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks and make adjustments as necessary.
- Be recognized as a trusted authority and advisor across all project lifecycle phases.
- Design, develop, implement and communicate methodologies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the Project Lifecycle (includes design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance).
- Direct technical staff required to deliver projects through formal and informal reporting structures.
- Define reporting team and project member roles and expectations and ensure timely feedback.
- Ensure that team and project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the build, test, and implementation tasks related to Infrastructure projects; leading cross-functional teams to successfully drive projects to completion.
- Drive projects that are Infrastructure focused, such as Network transformations, new Server environments and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with Business Component User(s) to ensure that overall business objectives and project plans are in alignment.
- Involves project portfolio management responsibilities of driving projects from business case preparation, including ROI, to delivery and transition to support organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in IS or Business related field or equivalent education and/or experience, preferably in a financial environment.
- PMP/PMI certification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience in a software development, technical integration or business operations environment, with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization.
- Must have technical acumen in managing all aspects of Hosting and Storage operations including server management, network transformation and consolidation, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, SW Licensing, HW lifecycle management and Database management.
- Documented experience and subject matter expertise knowledge of project management and project management methodologies – Agile preferred.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, inter-personal, facilitation, organizational, process, listening and communication skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services business and the capabilities/features and functions of the systems and applications available to support them.
- Experience in the negotiation of changes to commitments/requirements with multiple levels within the organization.
- Documented experience planning and implementing solutions using a wide range of enterprise applications and integration solutions, using custom and / or a packaged product approach.
- Strong knowledge of distributed and mainframe infrastructure, technology and concepts with ability to quickly grasp new technologies, applications and concepts and apply them as required to implement solutions.
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined.
- Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results.
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment.