Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for aProject Manager to join our Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals team in San Diego, CA. This team serves thechemical and pharmaceutical industries with a diverse range of services, fromchemical testing and consultancy toinspection,contract laboratory services, regulatory guidance and supply chain assurance This team serves thechemical and pharmaceutical industries with a diverse range of services, fromchemical testing and consultancy toinspection,contract laboratory services, regulatory guidance and supply chain assurance Duties
· Interact with the Director of ScientificProject Management & Client Services with regular updates on client issues/concerns/delays.
· Actively participate as an operational lead ininternal Project Review meetings,in conjunction with aPrincipal Investigator and/orLaboratory Manager/Supervisor. · Serve on lifecycle management of a large number of projects at different phases of development.
· Strong option leader, with skills in active negotiations.
· Manage client communication proactively and actively listen to client desires.
· Understand and manageRFP andRFI process
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and ability to proactively assess appropriate time to escalate issues to Intertek management.
· Prepare and maintain Project Tracker, Gantt charts and Smartsheets asrequired for assigned clients.
· Prepare anyrequired metrics, volumereports orbudget request for clients.
· Establish strong working relationships with client project teams to enhance client satisfaction and promote repeat business and identify opportunities, with an element of inside sales.
· Ensure effective teamwork across project team members bothinternally (ensure sufficient resources dedicated to project) and with external ancillary services.
· In conjunction with thePrincipal Investigator or project lead, manage project and program resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
· Work closely with QC/QAscheduler to monitor progress of timelines and deliverables, revise as necessary and communicate any delays immediately to management and/or client.
· Engage in quality groups activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to both Intertek and client requirements.
· Implement newprocesses and adjustprocesses to help improve the business.
· Responsible for following GLP guidelines and laboratory SOPs and maintaining a safe working environment. · Ensure that allrequired documents (Compliance, Code of Ethics, IT Policy, and Anti-Bribery) available through iLearn are reviewed annually.
·Perform other duties asassigned by management.
· Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in biological science based subject required.
· Professional project management training or certification highly advantageous especially handling concurrent projects.
· Demonstrated success in project management of life science/pharmaceutical science development a strong plus.
· Must have previous experience actively using MS Project or Smartsheets.
· Clearly understand the GLP and GCLP environment.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in in client facing environment ideally in a relevant industry, alternate experience also applicable.
· Direct industry experience from life sciences, biotech, pharmaceutical and CRO (not CMO) industry will be highly desirable.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test