As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery and management of building assessments, investigations, and rehabilitation projects. Your duties include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnosis of building performance issues and provide expert recommendations / advice, as required, to resolve technical issues or concerns
- Provide detailed design / prepare drawings and specifications for building envelope rehabilitation projects
- Performs site visitations to determine feasibility and cost effectiveness of potential projects.
- Manage project delivery, define project scope, specify deliverables, estimate and control project duration
- Conduct onsite building reviews and preparation of building condition assessments, reserve fund studies and other related detailed building reports
- Manage the contract administration for rehabilitation projects
- Effectively communicate with clients, contractors and senior staff
- Pursues new business by building relationships and leading proposals.
- Mentor junior staff
- Possesses at least 5-10 years’ of experience in building science, architecture, or engineering with a focus on building envelope.
- Experience with building envelope rehabilitation, design, specification and contract administration
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of OBC, NBC and technical knowledge evaluating building components (envelope/cladding systems)
- Experience in providing cost estimates for remedial repairs is required.
- Has experience in preparation of project proposals, PCA reports and reserve fund studies
- Has post-secondary education in relevant Architecture or Engineering program