About this role
The Technology & Enterprise Services Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for delivering strategic projects for the organization on time and under budget. The team also drives project management standards and reporting, quality assurance and program management of large platforms.
We are looking for a seasoned digital project management professional and strategic thinker, the VP is skilled at resolving challenges, exploring varied opportunities, and leading multiple teams. VP is perceived by the business as a role model for the TES PMO by consistently demonstrating a conscientious and industrious work ethic, and generates results that positively affect cross-functional, team, and departmental concerns.
A sought-after leader capable of developing and implementing best practices for the department and the organization. This individual will be responsible for maintaining an overarching view of the business objectives and strategy for the programs in technology and real estate, while ensuring that project requests are aligned with the annual plan. The role requires deep experience with regard to process, technical issues and financial acumen, and overall project prioritization to ensure projects run smoothly.
The VP will oversee the acquisition of resources to manage the projects within their organization and will provide coaching and mentoring to their project managers and project team members, as well as junior and mid-level folks across departments. The successful candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision as well as within a team environment. She/he possesses excellent prioritization skills and understands how to balance the divergent interests of both PMO and client-side stakeholders
Essential functions, responsibilities & duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage migration delivery
- Deliver the governance and framework developed for data center or Cloud migrations
- Lead large enterprise wide programs all the way from vendor selection to deployment, manage the vendor relationship and internal stakeholders
- Direct the implementation and configuration of migration tools from demo and pilot efforts to full-scale enterprise-level phased migrations
- Deliver migrations within schedule, scope and budget as designed in the migration strategies
- Build standard, detailed migration plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed-upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans according to the cloud migration strategy
- Naturally drive visibility into the communication channel from engineers to executives
- Prepare executive reports and present to Senior Management (both client and internal)
- Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through dedicated communication and collaboration with key partners and various teams
- Lead rapid migration approaches for cloud-based solutions utilizing agile project management approaches
- Lead Steady State Hand-Off activities utilizing previous experience in service delivery management of operations support for hosted applications.
- Lead the overall project budget and procurement processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in various time zones and drive teams on task delivery
- Lead resource management
- Establish critical internal relations to navigate challenges to change using emotional intelligence and superb interpersonal skills
- Establish accountability for all key members delivering to achievements and deliverables
- Lead and evaluate project team members and other staff
- Responsibilities include coordinating a detailed assessment of the interdependencies among applications and IT equipment (servers, storage and networking) related to the Data centers
- Bachelor's degree in Program Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in IT
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud IT transition, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology
- Project Management Certification required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and adept ability to navigate organizational structure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise networking, telecom, server, and cloud projects
- Agile Project Management Experience (e.g. Jira/Confluence)
- AWS/MS Azure Certification
- Cloud Management
- Acquisition/Merger integration experience is desired
- Data center projects experience