Project Manager / Information Technology & Software Integration
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Project Manager in the Washington, Dc / Winchester, VA region to support a federal agency implementing a new IT structure in a new facility in Winchester, VA.
This position functions as Project Manager of a new records management technology center, consisting of a new Automated Storage Retrieval System (ASRS) and office space for over 400 personnel. The Software Integration Manager will have direct accountability for project delivery, specifically in the area of software integration between client enterprise system(s) and the project’s ASRS software.
The position involves assisting the Project Manager in all facets of software project management (budget, schedule, procurement, communications, quality & risk) for a records management technology center, including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and commissioning of the integrated ASRS. Coordinates software implementation with government security protocols. Coordinates integration of multiple software programs utilized for single use enterprise solution. Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting the operations of an ASRS, including but not limited to: licensing, agreements/contracts, work letters, drawings, and manuals. Assists / leads IT project delivery resources/team (typically smaller team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals. Ensures project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated. Tracks progress of software integration against goals, objectives, approved budgets, and approved timelines. Observes testing and commissioning of the ASRS. Assists / manages project delivery with internal service providers and stakeholders. Responsible for tracking performance of IT contracts and integration efforts. This is a full time position.
- Bachelor's degree from a College or University and/or equivalent related experience in an IT and computer programming field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and organizational policies to achieve established goals and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to client organization.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform strenuous climbing, crawling and walking required to observe all areas of the construction site
- Must possess, or have ability to obtain, an active Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Experience managing multiple software integration efforts of warehouse management systems with open API protocols.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience or training.
- Prior IT Project Managementexperience is preferred.
- PMP or IT project management certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful.