Technology Support Specialist with a broad knowledge of the technology industry. Work shall involve the strategic coordination and planning, development, design, procurement, installation and construction integration of all technology elements including, but not limited to voice, data, audio/video, satellite, radio, wireless and electronic security systems.
This person shall serve as the day-to-day Technology Support Specialist, working with a large Government agency on a new HQ and GSA to observe and advise on activities related to, but not all inclusive off, the following:
- Data and voice, video distribution, electronic security, and other major building technology systems consolidated requirements, analyses, and reports
- Technology design, new technology research (hardware and software), planning and strategizing, migration planning, technical specification concepts and review, and procurement strategies
- Construction coordination, integration, validation and verification coordination, negotiated services, and life-cycle cost impacts
- Sequencing of technology-related work with other specialties and disciplines, external connectivity and infrastructure services and issues;
- Industry code and Federal Public Building Service, Federal technology services, base building and building systems design, engineering and interior space coordination;
- Construction documentation, change order management, and other related work.
- Equivalent experience with Government construction project(s) greater than 500,000 SF in size within the Information Technology discipline.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree in IT, electrical engineering or computer science with a minimum 10 years of equivalent experience with appropriate professional credentials required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, or equivalent highly desired
- U.S. Federal Government project management experience and working directly with high-end Government agency performance technology customers is required.
- Experience relocating and migrating major IT systems, and computer rooms is required.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency integrating many areas of technology and respective elements in complex, new design and construction projects greater than 250,000 SF from infrastructure planning through performance verification, deployment and commissioning.
- Ability to assist, advise and interpret customer requirements is essential.
- Experience in documenting issues and resolutions for future matters of the same nature.
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting skills
- Direct experience with: Audio Visual, IT, Broad Band, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems.
- Familiarity with GSA Public Building requirements for Information Technology, schedules, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and a broad vendor base is a plus.