The Industrial Project Manager II must have experience working in the Industrial construction industry. This position is responsible for profitably managing all Industrial project operations in the Kansas City region. The Project Manager will provide leadership and directions to superintendents overseeing field personnel including self-performing work, subcontracts, and clients for both plant service/maintenance work and capital project work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete cost or budget estimates for the work to be performed (Estimating support will be provided for large or critical project estimates)
- Strong understanding of self-perform work including: Equipment Installation (Millwright), Structural Steel, and Concrete and Piping Installation
- Ability to understand client needs and provide solutions where necessary
- Create and manage project schedule
- Partner with executive management to understand and lead the vision for growth in the Kansas City region
- Other duties as assigned
- Up to 50% of business travel may be required
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A high school diploma is required. An industry-related college degree is preferred.
- Experience: At least seven (7) years’ experience in the Industrialconstruction industry is required, including project management involvement. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful, especially with shutdowns, turnarounds and outages.
- Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient in Procore, Prolog, P6, or similar project management/scheduling software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.