My client is a mid-size, family owned business, headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This position is located in their Columbus, Ohio office. They design, assemble and install large-scale air ventilation systems for manufacturing and industrial customers nationwide. This is a company that takes tremendous pride in customer care and service, with a culture that values and appreciates their employees. As their company continues to grow, there is an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join the project management team. This position is located in the Columbus Ohio office and will manage projects for clients based in this region.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all elements and tasks related to large projects run smoothly, on budget and on time. This includes about 20 - 30 projects in various stages. Strong communication skills for significant interaction with clients is a must as is the ability to handle stress and difficult conversations.
Are you someone who:
- Is detail oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment?
- Has prior plant experience and can navigate a plant floor?
- Has hands-on project management experience in a manufacturing related field?
- Is proactive about making sure time lines are kept?
- Works collaboratively with team members?
- Takes initiative while being adaptable to change?
- Has strong problem solving skills with tenacious follow through?
- Values team collaboration and a supportive work environment?
Here are your primary job responsibilities:
- Ensure all tasks are completed for each project in a timely fashion based on Smartsheet tasks and due dates
- Manage internal kick-off meeting ?schedule, take meeting notes, and log details in Salesforce CRM
- Should have knowledge of engineering/manufacturing environments and be able to efficiently manage 20 - 30 projects in various stages
- Partner withsales/account manager in client hand-off call
- Close interaction with client throughout the project ? establish timeline, setup weekly call with client, etc. - STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Internally coordinate with Project Scheduler for site visits and provide updates as necessary
- Track progress daily, in detail
- Ensure that client is always a priority and maintain zero customer complaints throughout the process
- Visit customer site pre-kick-off to review details and reconfirm measurements etc.
- Respond to client requests and concerns within 12 hours or less
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Associatedegreepreferred with a focus on Project Management or relevant work experience
- Proven track record and experience in industrial or manufacturing project management
- Experience handling multiple projects and strong client interface
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (office, ticketing software, CRM & ERP applications)
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Takes initiative
- Tolerance to stress
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with the team
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills - adaptability
- Excellent communication skills ? verbal and written
- Good listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Tenacious follow through on details and work orders
This is a full time position with a salary range of 80K - 100K plus based on experience. It also includes a company vehicle and full benefit package with paid time off and healthcare as well as eligibility for yearly bonus based on performance.