$80K — $100K *
Are you interested in making a difference in the world? With a unique combination of infection protection and contamination control products and services, STERIS Corporation offers customized solutions for a variety of environments. SPM Software is a surgical instrument tracking system that ensures hospitals have the right instruments delivered on time for their next procedure in addition to many other features.
The Project Manager will be working with a team to successfully implement and upgrade SPM products within hospitals and support customer education. The Project Manager will partner closely with the STERIS SPM team, other project managers and customers, including hospital IT departments to ensure prerequisites are met for connectivity to the SPM software and manage the project through implementation. This is a highly customer oriented role, that will include email, phone, video and in person communication with both internal and external customers.
The Project Manager, Implementation Services is a 100% remote position. The ideal candidate will live within a reasonable distance of a major airport. There will be approximately 75% overnight travel that will be prescheduled.
• Develop and keep up to date project plan (i.e. project schedule).
• Document and manage scope for what will be configured and trained.
• Convey project status with project team members from both SPM and the customer.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with project sponsors and executive leadership.
• Identify implementation risks, escalate these as appropriate to the Director of Implementation Services, and develop mitigation plans.
• Complete project documentation as per SPM’s Implementation Services Team policies and procedures.
• Review project documentation regularly to assist in managing the current project status.
• Identify potential project delays and work with the customer to keep the project progressing on schedule.
• Provide services within budget of the customer’s purchase order and in a timely manner.
• Coordinate the entry of the customer’s product and instrument data with the SPM Data Team and ensure that the status of the data entry is factored into the site visit schedule.
• Coordinate the setup of the customer’s server, workstations, interfaces, and additional modules with SPM’s Technical Support Team.
• Ensure that the customer is ready for onsite visits as per SPM’s Implementation Services Team policies and procedures.
• Ensure all customer questions and issues are resolved and keep the customer informed on both the action plan and the resolution.
• Determine customer’s priorities for use of the system; develop corresponding initiatives to be completed during the implementation process.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of information technology terminology and troubleshooting; use this knowledge to ensure everything is working properly.
• Create and maintain a System Description detailing customer workflows per device.
• Gain and maintain expert level knowledge of necessary configurations for implementing all SPM products including modules and interfaces.
• Provide the customer with relevant training materials.
• Train customer designees on configuring and maintaining the system.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering/technical degree
• 3+ years Project management experience implementing software and/or hardware within customers in an enterprise IT organization
• General knowledge of software, work stations, servers, IP addresses, networking concepts (DHCP, Static IP, etc.)
• Windows operating systems experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Physical location that can access high-speed internet (preferably cable modem)
• Employee must satisfy customer-specific vaccination or medical testing requirements (i.e. TB test, Hepatitis B vaccination, etc.)
• Experience with sterile processing preferred; employees without sterile
Valid through: 9/24/2021