- Project management/Program management: Serve as project/program manager for provider directories demanded by business needs in the department as assigned.
- Prepare department timeline and plan for project and provide support for working teams.
- Support documentation and submission of Corporate Agenda Management Committee (CAM) enhancement needs as determined through the project.
- Support the development of business plans, project charters and work breakdown structures, specifying goals, governance, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and communication plans for various directory projects that require coordination across multiple departments.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Manage the project execution and coordinate project closeout activities, including transition plans and lessons learned.
- Monitor the design and implementation of key metrics and reporting to support business plans and initiatives
- Business process improvement: Manage in conjunction with management, process improvement/redesign, reengineering, business assessments, and strategy initiatives
- Employ critical thinking, effective data gathering & data analysis and problem solving skills to understand the work functions and processes.
- Develop a clear understanding of the current state or workflow and present that understanding through meaningful and useful business consulting deliverables. This may include documentation of processes, a functional decomposition, structured analysis, and workflow mapping.
- Develop and review metrics to identify process/system performance, areas for improvement and trends
- Ensure implementation processes are completed accurately and within appropriate timelines
- Participate and/or manage visualizing and effectively documenting current and future processes / performance metrics and propose recommendations/opportunities through meaningful and useful business consulting deliverables.
- Incorporate current company strategy and defined processes and methods.
- Develop business case for the recommendations and determine ROI.
- Participate in developing next steps and a high level implementation roadmap
EDUCATION: (Minimum education required)
- BA, BS in healthcare or business required.
- Masters in healthcare or business administration preferred.
- Certification and/or training in project management desirable.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- Requires 5 to 7 years of experience in a health insurance environment, of which 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience occurred within health care consulting, business/strategic planning, and/or project management settings with multidisciplinary teams.
- Must have successfully managed project implementations involving large vendors in matrix management environments.
- Must be highly proficient at leveraging data and content to develop stakeholder presentations for senior level audiences.
- Experience with managing and influencing a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with taking calculated risks while exercising sound judgment and initiative.
- Proficiency in the MS Office, MS Project, and flowcharting software and business writing is essential.
- Prior experience in operations or IT preferred.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Must be proficient application of business consulting skills, methods and deliverables. This includes the ability to effectively understand and assess the situation, develop recommendations that include developing conceptual / future state models and present in meaningful and useful business consulting deliverables.
- Must have strong analytical skills. Utilize root cause and impact analysis, interviews, focus groups, and other data gathering techniques proficiently
- Must be comfortable working on developmental projects, which are ambiguous, evolutionary and iterative in nature.
- Must be self-directed, politically astute, and have outstanding interpersonal, teaching, decision-making, and written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Requires ability to assess all work and prioritize as necessary. Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities effectively. Must be able to work both autonomously and as a team player.
- Must have strong planning, problem solving, analytic and change management skills.
- Must have critical thinking skills to understand complex implementations and gain depth in understanding subject matter.
- Interacts independently with all levels of Tufts Health Plan management, staff, providers, administrative personnel, and vendors.
- Requires attention to detail to accomplish both the small critical tasks of projects along with having a thorough understanding of project’s impact on other departments and implications for the company and provider network.
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-departmental and leadership skills to manage high profile, strategic projects. Must be able to work cooperatively as a team player.
- Must be adaptable to change and ambiguous situations and maintain constructive behavior and performance under stress. Must possess the ability to react quickly and calmly under pressure. Must have resilience and stamina while working through challenging situations.
- Requires high-energy and strong teamwork skills for mobilizing staff around a goal.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate business judgment as necessary.
- Requires the ability to deal with complex situations and individuals while managing multiple priorities.
- Requires a high degree of confidentiality with regard to THP strategies, provider issues, and member issues.