This position will be part of the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) organization within Technology & Innovation. The goal of EPM is to create a centralized, world-class project management team aligned to deliver expertise and consistent rigor, transparency and discipline. This function will enhance Technology & Innovation’s (T&I) ability to efficiently and effectively deliver a strategic advantage to PNC. The EPM team supports project and programs across T&I
As a Project Manager III within PNC's EPM Retail Technology team, you will lead Projects and Programs that are strategic, transformations, and have broad impact in both the employee and customer experience. You will partner with Technology, the Line of Business, and Operations to develop an integrated plan, monitor and control the scope, schedule and cost while ensuring risks and issues are actively and aggressively managed and communicated.
This position is located within PNC's major footprint, Pittsburgh or Strongsville and the surrounding area, and will support Retail Technology within the Retail Lending domain.
PA - Pittsburgh
PA371 - USX Tower/Steel Building
- Manages projects from original concept through final implementation and post-project assessment. Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes. May be assigned a single project or a portfolio. Typically project size is greater than $2.5m.
- Develops strategy, processes, resource allocation, budget, guidelines and support of project management team.
- Partners with internal project liaisons to acquire resources, assigns tasks, directs activities, and controls project execution. Coaches and mentors project team members.
- Tracks and reports progress, analyzes the results based on facts, defines the products of the project, and forecasts future trends in the project. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties. Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Project Administration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, organizational strategies, practices and tools for administering projects.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Project Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Organizational Leadership - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
PMP or Other Certification Preferred
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.