Description: To coordinate large complex program project(s), multi-site project(s) or multiple projects within a research agenda to assure compliance with protocol, budget and timelines.
- Project Planning and Implementation) Coordinate protocol development by the coordinating center or program office, implementation and changes across CHR/ KP departments, other institutions. Oversee the development of research project timeline, procedures, forms, scripts, manuals, and tracking systems. Responsible for the dissemination of protocols and training non-CHR site project managers. Oversee the administrative, technical and scientific day-to-day operation of the study to assure project goals and timelines are met, quality data is collected and managed, and to assure participant and/or data confidentiality. Use appropriate computer programs to assist in data collection, tracking, ordering laboratory tests or procedures, or communication, such as RRS, Health Connect, study specific programs, PAS, and other computer software as needed. Develop a high functioning project team that supports the project goals and objectives. Participate in regional and national project meetings and conference calls.
- (Grants/Contract Management): Administer the grant/contract of either program project, multi-site, or multifunding agencies per federal rules and regulations and/or specific grant/contractlanguage. Manage the operational budget and sub-contracts; authorize payment of study related bills. Work with CHR finance department and the funding agency to assure budget and reporting compliance. Coordinate the development of the continuation budget. Advise and consult on the development of new proposal budgets. May be assigned to develop some proposal sections. Prepare project reports for PI/manager review and approval.
- Dissemination) Summarize and share project information with other sites and the coordinating center of the project in a way that will be useful for future projects as well as the project at hand. Maintain regular contact with other project administrators in order to share information and ideas. May be assigned specific writing tasks on proposals or manuscripts.
- QA)Develop quality assurance procedures, monitor data collection, and data transfers in accordance with CHR policies and procedures. Collaborate with project investigators and research systems analysts in developing data quality assurance procedures, monitor data collection activities, and work with research analysts in monitoring data transfers in accordance with CHR policies and procedures. In conjunction with the PI, manager, and IRB director, assure compliance with all Human Subjects rules and regulations; prepare annual IRB reviews.
- (Administrative) Coordinate with the principal investigator/manager hiring of project staff. Supervise project supervisors and or project staff in the performance of delegated tasks. Coordinate and participate in all project meetings and conference calls. Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum ten (10) years of research experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing health research projects at the PM1/PM2 level or similar position.
- Master's degree in health-related fields or the combination of graduate course work OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Various combinations of research training and experience can qualify persons without a Master's degree or the equivalent for the PM3 position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of research project administration including a thorough knowledge of IRB reporting requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of medical and health care issues sufficient to recognize and communicate the impact on the conduct of the study to the investigator.
- Thorough knowledge of basic experimental design in the conduct of health research.
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget management issues related to the conduct of health research and outside funding agencies.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to use basic computer programs (i.e. MS WORD for preparing manuals of procedures and project documentation, EXCEL for projecting and managing project budgets, PowerPoint for preparing project presentations, PROJECT for developing time lines and action plans, ACCESS for tracking project events).
- Excellent writing skills.
- High competency in interpersonal/oral communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and data management software.
Job Number: 668043