- Must be able to travel to remote areas of Atlantic Canada (30%)
- Potential of working in all Atlantic Canada provinces
- At times, may be required to work all hours on site that subcontractors are present, which may mean longer than 8 hours days.
- Construction supervision – need training on equipment, lifts, procedures
- Labor and material tracking – job design/job cost, time tracking, WIP tool
- Safety coordination on site – OSHA 10 hour or Canadian equivalence
- System commissioning and testing of all systems: foam, clean agent, CO2, wet, dry, deluge, fire pumps, Vesda, and detection systems – need training certificates from suppliers (i.e., Ansul, Peerless, Detronics, etc.)
- Liaison with local authorities, authorities having jurisdiction – understand code compliance
- Liaison with designers to insure installation is going correctly –
- Organizing material at site; receive material and coordinate packing lists with office
- Meetings with customer, negotiation skills to quote and obtain change orders
- Minimum high school diploma
- Manage the installation of Tyco Integrated Fire & Security equipment at customer sites, ensuring a professional, timely and cost-effective installation process
- Oversee employees and subcontractors
- Manage projects (and processes) to ensure consistent project delivery
- Maintain project paperwork including contracts, revisions, estimates, work drawings and specifications
- Interface with both internal and external customers and employees to schedule and manage the project from pre-construction through completion
- Generate foreman packages, pre-engineering, meeting minutes and close-out documents
- Promote the overall installation capabilities and products of Tyco Integrated Fire & Security
Rewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience including planning, processing, delivery, and construction site experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of CAN ULC 536 537 & NFPA 72 NEC codes is an asset
- Valid driver's license, with a good driving record
- Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills
- Good management skills.
- Able to pass fitness and drug testing
- Willing to apply for a minimum of reliability clearance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Job Type: Full-time