The Project Manager III (PM) is a key position in the CenturyLink Federal Program Management Organization. The Project Manager will be responsible for upfront engagement, collaborating directly with Federal Civilian Sales to develop and respond to all proposal requirements. The PM will provide project and portfolio level leadership to other Implementation team members.
- Lifecycle and Financial Management of Government Programs
- Planning and managing resources to execute projects or project components from inception (proposal development) through implementation. May work directly with clients, project and business leaders to identify requirements.
- Establishes the appropriate project/team structure, reporting and metrics to measure and monitor performance against plan. Provides ad hoc support to teams or management by collecting, analyzing data and reporting results and develops actionable
- Interact with multiple departments to gather business requirements, track open items, and ensure timely delivery to the client
- Manage and implement complex Cloud, Hosting and Data installations to include both domestic and international services
- Successfully manage, communicate and report out progress to all project stakeholders
- Support proposal, project scheduling (MS Project), the coordination of operational support systems, ordering, inventory management, transition/ implementation performance reporting, budgeting/forecasting, training, and customer care.
- Develop and maintain management plans to include: communication plans, resource plans, quality assurance plans, risk management plans and any others identified as part of the contract's deliverables.
- Assist at the ground level with the transition, integration of services and billing to CenturyLink’s portfolio of data, hosting, cloud and managed services
- Direct liaison between the customer and CenturyLink Government Services (Contract Program Office, Pre-sales, Business Development, Planning and Execution, Project Management, Customer Relations, Billing and Contractual issues as part of Program Management) to fulfill all contractual obligations
- Identify and communicate customer requirements to Product and IT development teams
- Conduct Program Management Reviews (PMR’s) to include both customer and Executive Leadership within CenturyLink. #LI-POST1
- 5+ years of Federal Project Management experience a must
- 5+ years of Federal Transition and Implementation experience
- Strong ability to write and respond to large, complex, cabinet level proposal efforts
- Working knowledge with regard to transitioning/implementing Managed Services, Data, Hosting and Complex Cloud Technologies
- Understanding of Cloud Services; IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Dedicated Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Public Cloud and associated managed services
- Experience managing and tracking project and program financials; an understanding of EVM is a must.
- Proficient with tracking and managing all program financial data; profit/loss
- Possesses and demonstrates strong, effective leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage large, complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and execute the appropriate mitigation strategies
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Strong understanding of Government Contract vehicles (WITS, Networx, EIS, Connections II)
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Project and associated MS Office suites
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
- PMP/EVM/ITIL/Six Sigma Certifications highly desirable
- Strong working knowledge CenturyLink Ordering and Provisioning processes a plus
Bachelors or Equivalen